Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to XOG an update on the projects' task using Projects object API via SOAP

• 1.  Is it possible to XOG an update on the projects' task using Projects object API via SOAP

Posted Apr 04, 2017 12:35 PM

I am trying to integrate with PPM using SOAP API. I am able to read the project using the Object API's project endpoint.

I would want to perform an update on one of the several tasks within the project. From the Object API documentation:

Write object requests are used to insert and update records into another system.

When I try to perform an update, it is creating new record rather than updating the existing record.

May be I am missing a specific flag/attribute in my request XML.??? If I can get this to work with something like SOAP UI, I can take it from there.

I have read posts which use GEL. If there is a way to do it without, is what I am looking for.

The following is a generic SOAP body of my request xml:

<soapenv:Body>
    <obj:WriteProject>
    <NikuDataBus xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
    <Header externalSource="NIKU" version="15.1.0.149"/>
    <Projects>
    <Project name="Some Project Name" projectID="12345678">
    <Tasks>
    <Task internalTaskID="someId of the task I want to update" name="Task Name" outlineLevel="1" status="value that I want to update to">
    <estimateRules/>
    <CustomInformation>
    <ColumnValue name="some_name">some information to update</ColumnValue>
    </CustomInformation>
    </Task>
    </Tasks>
    </Project>
    </Projects>
    </NikuDataBus>
    </obj:WriteProject>
    </soapenv:Body>

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to XOG an update on the projects' task using Projects object API via SOAP

Posted Apr 04, 2017 04:23 PM

Hi Deepak.  You can't use the internalTaskID. The task you want to update must have a value in the prExternalId, which in the UI translates to the Task ID field.

If you want to XOG update tasks (rather than create new ones) you will need to add a value into the Task ID field, and the only (supported) way to do this is manually via the UI.

I'd be grateful if you up-vote this idea:  https://communities.ca.com/ideas/107094649