Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Using subobjects with new custom object.

• 1.  Using subobjects with new custom object.

Posted 04-13-2017 11:53 AM

Can I create a custom object similar to Project and re-use objects like Risk, Issues, Team, etc with a similar layout (tabs)? We need a separate object that has similar functions as the project object.

• 2.  Re: Using subobjects with new custom object.

Posted 04-13-2017 03:15 PM

I don't think you can directly reuse subobbjects. I don't see a way to copy or move them to other master objects.

On the other hand if you XOG them out with the parent and edit the file you might be able to XOG the file back and create similar subobject for another master object.

A small error in doing that could make your system nonusable.

Secondly the xml files which include master and sub and views tend to be large and cause out of memory issues.

• 3.  Re: Using subobjects with new custom object.

Posted 04-18-2017 10:40 PM

You can create a master object, and then have sub-objects.  The maser object will have a Portlet Page where you can configure additional tabs.  But, you can't replicate the functionality of the Portlet Page (eg Project Default Layout) which has the Risks/Issues/Changes tab.

• 4.  Re: Using subobjects with new custom object.

Posted 04-19-2017 12:40 AM

We had a similar requirement on a project.

But the only possibilities was to create a custom master-object configured as Project and add custom sub-object same as risk, issue and team.

But we can not reuse the functionality available on Project layout page tabs.