Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Jan 31, 2017 06:27 PM
      |   view attached

I am trying to find the UserName field which we setup in Admin -> Resources, not able to find it in the SRM_Resources Table, I thought that might be the right place to check, have looked in multiple other tables without any luck. Could some one help me out with this please? Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Jan 31, 2017 09:45 PM

It should be SRM_Resources.Unique_Name

• 3.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Feb 01, 2017 02:49 AM

User Name : CMN_SEC_USERS.USER_NAME

Resource ID : SRM_RESOURCES.UNIQUE_NAME

• 4.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:28 AM

and CMN_SEC_USERS.ID = SRM_RESOURCES.USER_ID is the join

(need to take some care with that, since if you have always set up users at the same time as resources (and/or never created a non-labour resource) then from your data it might look like the join is CMN_SEC_USERS.ID = SRM_RESOURCES.ID, but it isn't!)

• 5.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:37 AM

Thanks for this David, that would have been my next step, you made it easy for me.

• 6.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:51 AM

If you are looking around in the data model, you might like to look at the ERDs in the technical reference guides

(link for the 15.1 version here ; https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/administration/reference/technical-reference/entity-relationship-diagrams-erd - need to be logged in with a account that has access I think though)

The CMN_SEC_USERS --- SRM_RESOURCES relationship can be seen in the 'Resources' diagram - and thats only one of the very simple ones  )

• 7.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:37 AM

Hi David,

Sorry to bother you again, but I can't find the actual Database ERD any more, this was working till a couple of weeks back but the link above comes back 404 Not Found. I tried to look for it but can't find it anywhere in the Technical Reference or any place related to the Release Information.

Thanks.

• 8.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Mar 09, 2017 09:45 AM

Weird, the URL seems to have changed - I get the 404 error too.

You should have been able to find it yourself though I suspect - clicking on the CA PPM - 15.1 on that error page and then looking in the menu structure, but here is the link ; https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-1/en/administration/reference/entity-relationship-diagrams-erd 

• 9.  Re: Can't find resource UserName Field

Posted Feb 01, 2017 09:38 AM

Thanks Sridhar.