Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Upgrade - where's my stuff?

Posted Dec 16, 2016 03:30 PM

I'm learning...

I've successfully upgraded Jaspsoft to 6.2.1. The export zip was picked up by the installer, when I login directly to the Jasper reportservice as Superuser I see all the previous content, users, folder structure, etc:

When I come in via the Advanced Reporting link - I see nothing:

Is there something that needs to 'remap' permissions? What could cause this?

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Upgrade - where's my stuff?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2016 05:30 PM

Hi Robert,

We have a known issue with this : CLRT-81009 Some Jaspersoft permissions get overwritten when content is upgraded to a higher clarity version

Connect to View - Repository,  browse to CA PPM folder - right click - Permissions and see if the CSK roles have a Read Only permission on it. If it doesn't, please grant it and see if that's enough to bring things back to be visible.

It helps if you have a non upgraded environment - just check the permissions on the main CA PPM and Reports folders and ensure they're in line with what you had before.

This issue is resolved in 15.2.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Upgrade - where's my stuff?

Posted Dec 19, 2016 10:36 AM

Good news - It fixed itself over the weekend.

Bad news - It fixed itself over the weekend and I don't know why.

I ran 'Create & Update Jaspersoft Users' before I posted this, but when this didn't fix it I thought it best to stop guessing late in my day on a Friday and post up my Q.

Do you think any of the Data Warehouse jobs could affect this? Load Data Warehouse Access Rights? We run this nightly.

I'm pushing to Test today. I'll see if I can isolate this & post the work-around if I find it. Any pointers are appreciated.

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Upgrade - where's my stuff?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi Robert

Interesting! Load Data Warehouse Access Rights is the only one that could potentially affect what you see in Jaspersoft. The thing is that would happen usually after PPM upgrade and you didn't change anything but your Jaspersoft version. Please do try on your next environment and see if this is the job that is actually fixing your issue. Thank you -Nika

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Upgrade - where's my stuff?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2016 12:47 PM

As I brought my test PPM Application back up after my Jaspersoft upgrade I logged in and observed the 'blank repository' as shown above. The background service picked up the nightly Load Data Warehouse Access Rights and Full Load jobs. After these completed I could log in and see all our stuff. Confidence is high that yes, running the Load Data Warehouse Access Rights job has been a successful work around for CLRT-81009.

HTH the next upgrader.

Thanks!