Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a straight forward way to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Is there a straight forward way to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-03-2015 05:57 PM

I'm working with version 14.2.  Rather than use the JasperSoft Advanced Reporting,  I'm keen to enable users to export the completed status report content, into MS Word, PDF or Excel, from within the PPM application.  Is there an action or query that can be used to enable this feature?

This seems to be a really basic requirement, so maybe I have missed something?

Thank you

Lina

• 2.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 05:03 AM

Take a look at the "Status Report Review" dashboard, found under dashboards menu item.

The other way is to make use of the BO reporting suite that is available in 14.2, you can link these on the action items menu to make it one click.

• 3.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 02:20 PM

Thanks Andy.  We have a new implementation of 14.2, so we don't have BO functionality available to us.  Otherwise, generating a report from the actions sounds sensible.

I only want to export a single report, in portrait layout.  The status report review only contains a subset of the report.  If I add all of the fields into a status report dashboard it presents horizontally in landscape and requires lots of formatting to get it back to the original format.   It doesn't make for a good user experience.  I could potentially get an excel macro written to do this but again, these seem to be a workaround with a number of extra steps.

Are these my only options?

• 4.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 11-04-2015 02:44 PM

Hi Lina,

At this time this unfortunately is not possible outside of Advanced Reporting screen.

There is an idea on our Communities where customers request this functionality, please check it out:

Integrate Jaspersoft reports in CA PPM

You may vote for it, and it be reviewed to get included in next releases of Clarity.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 5.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 03:05 PM

Thanks Nika.  I have voted, however it doesn't really help me now. If my users can't get data out of the system easily, the user adoption will drop significantly. 

hy can't the BO Action Report feature be added back into my SaaS instance of CA PPM?   This would at least hold us over until the developers can catch up.

I'm really, really disappointed.

• 6.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 03:34 PM

Is using a pdf printer driver to print the page content to a pdf file?

• 7.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 04:05 PM

Thanks for the suggestion.   This may be a workaround for some smaller projects.

For me, using PDFcreator gives an image of what's on screen and it shows scroll bars - just like a screen shot. Even if I select a really big papersize to get everything on a single page (as the option cuts off beyond a page), it only displays what you see on screen.  This means that if there is commentary that requires a scroll down, the information is cut off.

I like your thinking though.  Thanks.

• 8.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?
    Best Answer

Posted 11-04-2015 04:30 PM
      |   view attached

Don't use PDFCreator. Use cutepdf.

See the result

Attachment(s)

• 9.  Re: Is there a straight forward was to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 04:39 PM

I'll give that a go. Thank you.

• 10.  Re: Is there a straight forward way to export the project status report content into a file from within the PPM application?

Posted 11-04-2015 05:38 PM

In 14.2, it's certainly possible to add business object reports into action links, just not the jaspersoft reports.

As Nika has linked please up vote that idea.

there are other ways like using snipping tool or print pdf but nothing is going to come close to a formatted report from crystal or jaspersoft studio.