Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Posted 03-24-2016 10:24 AM

Hi all,

I could not find any good documentation on the differences between running this job full sync vs incremental.  Does anyone have any information on this or best practice?  I am curious what a full sync does vs not a full sync.

I scheduled it nightly for full sync, and I am seeing the following in the logs:

ERROR 2016-03-24 03:45:52,773 [Dispatch Jaspersoft02 Create and Update Users Data (Daily: 3:45a CT) : bg@sc5app247.casaasops.com (tenant=clarity)] jasper.ClarityJasperAdmin (clarity:joe@email.com:27031309__43427B22-082B-45DD-AEA5-D522327D270E:Jaspersoft02 Create and Update Users Data (Daily: 3:45a CT)) Error in creating permission

com.ca.jasper.restAdapter.JasperException: Resource repo:/users/joe@email.com;user:/cppm9018/\joe@email_com already exists.

Thanks,

Neil

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync
    Best Answer

Posted 03-24-2016 11:52 AM

Hi Neil,

The Full Sync should normally recreate all the users, whilst an incremental will just remove/insert/update the users that have been changed. This said, it looks like a permission could not be recreated for this user. That would mean that it was there before, so I would not expect this error to be blocking. Check with the user to see if he is able to connect to Advanced Reporting and see the reports he is supposed to see, and if this is fine, you may ignore the error.

I'll check it out  to see if there is no issue with the job or if the message should actually be reported as warning and let you know.

Kind Regards -Nika

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Posted 03-24-2016 12:09 PM

Thanks Nika – that should be fine.  I have no reason to believe it is blocking or causing any issues.  I was just pointing out the error to give background information.    I do not see any issues with running the full sync nightly then.  This will allow for users to be created quickly and not having to wait a week or so for the full sync job to run.  It ran in a minute or so, that is not an issue.

Last question.  The interactive option, the documentation mentioned this happens when a user clicks on advanced reporting (who doesn’t have an account).  This is automatic correct?  You do not enable or disable this feature correct?

Documentation:

Synchronize Users between CA PPM and Jaspersoft

After assigning the advanced reporting access rights to CA PPM users, synchronize all advanced

reporting users from CA PPM to Jaspersoft using one of the following methods:

Interactively synchronizing users

Running or scheduling the Create and Update Jaspersoft Users job

Interactively Synchronizing Users

To synchronize user properties (user name, user ID, or email ID) from CA PPM to Jaspersoft for firsttime

users only, use the interactive synchronization method. Use this method for synchronizing user

properties for just the logged in user when there is a change in the properties.

The changes that you in interactively synchronize in Jaspersoft are overwritten when the synchronize

job runs next.

Follow these steps:

Log in to CA PPM with the credentials of the user you want to synchronize with Jaspersoft.

Open Home, and from Personal, click Advanced Reporting.

A new user is created in Jaspersoft.

Regards,

Neil Goodwin

Sabre | Product Lifecycle Management | Corporate IT

Office: 682-605-6145 | Cell: 214-490-9914

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Posted 03-24-2016 12:32 PM

Hi Neil : yes this is automatic for first time users only. They will click on Advanced Reporting, it may take several seconds as it is also creating the users, and then the Advanced Reporting page will display.

Regards -Nika

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Posted 03-29-2016 07:17 AM

Create and Update Jaspersoft Sync Users Job:

Full Sync Option Selected: When this option is selected, it basically

A)Sync Active Users to Jaspersoft: This means if any new user is created and this CA PPM user is not yet created in Jaspersoft then on executing the job, user will be added to Jaspersoft.

B) Remove Already Sync'ed In-Active Users from Jaspersoft: This means if any existing PPM user is sync'ed to Jaspersoft and later marked as In-Active/Locked in CA PPM, such resources will be deleted from Jaspersoft. For this resource, user folder present under 'Users' folder will not be removed from Jaspersoft.  This user specific folder need to be manually cleaned-up from Jaspersoft by the administrator

Full Sync Is Not Selected: When this option is not selected, only the active users are synchronised with Jaspersoft.

This information will be updated in the Jaspersoft document as well.

• 6.  Re: Jaspersoft Create & Update Users Data Incremental vs Full Sync

Posted 02-21-2018 07:29 AM

Actually, if you compare CA PPM 14.4 versus CA PPM 15.3, you can notice that the parameter was renamed in the later one for better understanding.

Image 1: CA PPM 14.4. The parameter is named Full Sync

Image 2: CA PPM 15.3. The parameter is named Include Inactive and Locked Users

Regards

Juan