Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

In CA PPM 15.1 with MS Project 2016, can I disable autoscheduling completely so MSP won't mess my tasks dates?

• 1.  In CA PPM 15.1 with MS Project 2016, can I disable autoscheduling completely so MSP won't mess my tasks dates?

Posted Apr 26, 2017 01:26 PM

Hi

I'm using CA PPM 15.1 with the new interface to MS Project 2016.

Every time I open a project in MS Project, either from Clarity or from MS project itself, all the tasks dates are getting messed up.

Is there a way I can disable autoscheduling in MSP completely? It looks like I disabled every checkbox under File->options but every time a project is opened from Clarity the settings are reverted to autoscheduling...

What can I do? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Amir

• 2.  Re: In CA PPM 15.1 with MS Project 2016, can I disable autoscheduling completely so MSP won't mess my tasks dates?

Posted May 08, 2017 02:22 PM

I am not 100% sure if you can turn auto-scheduling completely off in MSP, but when you are updating the options for Scheduling, are you changing the drop-down for each section to "All New Projects"?  If you have a project open in MSP and change the settings, by default it applies it only to that project.

• 3.  Re: In CA PPM 15.1 with MS Project 2016, can I disable autoscheduling completely so MSP won't mess my tasks dates?

Posted May 11, 2017 03:30 PM

Thank you Michael for your reply.

I have tried this, but every time I open a project from Clarity (Either from the web UI or from the macro buttons inside MS Project) it defaults back to the original settings... even though I had set them for "All New Projects".

Maybe the interface sets them inside the code before every open of a project?

The issue is that tasks created in the web UI, when opened in MS Project, are automatically changed to 0 days duration, like milestones.

What is the best way to debug this interface? Can I set something so logs will be created with readable information?

I thought about opening the MST file and maybe I can save the settings on this file and then it will work, I don't know...

Thanks 

Amir