Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 10:13 AM

Can able to baseline all tasks in a project, but what if I need to baseline only few of them. Please Suggest how can I do that. Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 
    Best Answer

Posted May 16, 2016 10:19 AM

From the Project, open the "Clarity Gantt" (from Open in Scheduler).

Select Create Baseline (from the Camera icon) - You have to have at least one baseline before you can Update a Task baseline.

Once you have your initial baseline, you can then select the tasks you want to re-baseline/update, and just select "Update Task Baseline" from the Camera icon.

Regards

• 3.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 12:10 PM

Thanks a lot Michael, your answer is really helpful. I tried in the same way in test environment as you said. After doing so, it asks me to overwrite the current baseline, replied in yes. But after that, no new window pops up for editing details. Can you please help me further. Thanks.

• 4.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 12:42 PM

It is asking you to overwrite the existing baseline for the existing selected tasks. In other words, it is leaving the rest of the baseline alone and only updating the tasks you selected. No popup will appear as you are overwriting the existing baseline, but only those tasks you selected).

• 5.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 12:53 PM

Thanks a lot Michael, appreciate your help

• 6.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 02:48 PM

Can you please suggest that if it is possible that the original baseline has already been set and needed to create a new baseline for just those selected tasks.

• 7.  Re: How to baseline by task in Clarity. 

Posted May 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Thanks a lot Michael, your answer is really helpful. I tried in the same way in test environment as you said. After doing so, it asks me to overwrite the current baseline, replied in yes. But after that, no new window pops up for editing details. Can you please help me further. Thanks.