Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

• 1.  Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:37 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

I'm currently found a strange behaviour on one project - everytime one user (Project manager) tried to access Tasks through Gantt it got locked.

Have you someone ever seen it? Me not... just only a few locks during a whole year for which lockes were cleared and it was done. But not there...

Project:

lockedp.jpg

I've set Debug level on com.niku.xql2:

nsa_setting.jpg

I've just found only some INFO messages at app2-niku.log (nothing in BG logs when I've also tried to Debug at com.niku category....)

The base is following (the whole log only for that user is attached): Not Found eval Property value node Prop ....

Note:

When I unlock this order and access Tasks as an admin, it is not locked then...

Thanks for your valuable inputs

Matej

Attachment(s)

zip
    app2-niku.log.zip   817 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:40 AM

This lock can happen if there is some process which is locking it or project is kept open by the schedulers. It also says who locked it.

• 3.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Posted Apr 27, 2016 09:53 AM

In fact, such a process should run anytime when somebody else access this project, but it's not happening.

Scheduler locks are put there only for a while and it must be very strange everytime only this user is accessing this issue is happening...

Matej

• 4.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2016 10:01 AM

Hi Matej,

Can you try to stop any process which is running on this project and see if you see the same behavior.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Posted Apr 28, 2016 05:04 AM

Hi Suman,

So problem is solved. I've tried to login under user account and access project in PROD and no lock happened. 

User confirmed that if she tried to login with another laptop, it was not locked either.

So it must be issue with IE, caches or machine itself, not Clarity. Please delete this post as it's not connected to Clarity issue at all.

Thanks for your prompt feedbacks

Matej

• 6.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 05:31 AM

I am still concerned with the behaviour as the lock stayed in PPM. I am suspecting a multicast issue where cache is inconsistent across your cluster.

• 7.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Posted May 10, 2016 05:55 AM

Hi Suman,

After some time this issue appeared again and I've finally found out that this is happening only when accessing Tasks in Gantt.

After this clearance, do you have any tip on that?

Thanks

Matej

• 8.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed by user

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 06:12 AM

Hi Matej,

The locks are expected to occur when you use gantt to schedule the project, just accessing the gantt won't create lock. Again after the schedule is published the lock should be released if its not then there is some thing which is hindering and that needs to be looked at.

• 9.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2016 06:19 AM

Hi Suman,

we've just found the root-cause. When we logged under user's account the project got locked when accessed Tasks via Gantt.

The reason was that this user has changed End date of one task but didn't save it in the past. Anytime she again opened Tasks in Gantt,

the project gots locked. Saving that End date solved this issue. Funny thing is that under any other account this was not happening...

Anyway, Thanks for your inputs

Matej

• 10.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 06:23 AM

I would believe this is working as designed as there was a change made and did not save and to maintain the data integrity the project is locked so that any further change to this project cannot be made. I am sure if you replicate the same scenario for different user you should observer same behaviour. 

• 11.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted May 10, 2016 06:27 AM

Hi Suman,

Yep, we did it and it was replicable.

Thanks

Matej

• 12.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 06:52 AM

So it backs my theory that it should lock the project where there is impending edit.

• 13.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Sep 13, 2016 11:01 AM

Hi Matej,

Can you please provide the steps to replicate the issue. We have also ran into the similar issue where project is getting locked once opened in Gantt chart.

• 14.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Sep 14, 2016 03:57 AM

Puneeth wrote:

We have also ran into the similar issue where project is getting locked once opened in Gantt chart.

Have you even read this thread? ; the answer to the original question was just that there was a pending change.

• 15.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Sep 15, 2016 07:38 AM

Hi Puneeth, 

As Dave already mentioned, the answer is in my marked post above. Reason was not saved End date of one task.

Matej

• 16.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Jul 26, 2018 08:15 PM

I am consistently locking projects. Is there a report that I can run at the end of the day that shows a list of projects locked?

OR is there a field I can add to the project home page as a column that shows "project locked by ***" message  locked by field

or how can I know current projects locked by me?

Thanks,

Laura

• 17.  Re: Project everytime got locked when accessed Tasks by Gantt

Posted Jul 27, 2018 09:09 AM

If you navigate to the secret page your_server_goes_here/niku/nu#action:security.locks you can see all the current system locks