Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Does anyone use the Tasktop connector for requirements between ALM and CA Clarity?

Posted Aug 04, 2015 02:14 PM

I wanted to know if it is a bi-directional connector; so can we update in either system and it will update the other? How is it working for you?

• 2.  Re: Does anyone use the Tasktop connector for requirements between ALM and CA Clarity?

Posted Aug 13, 2015 09:52 AM

Hello Erika-

Thanks for posting your question about Tasktop Sync! Tasktop maintains a close relationship with CA as well as HP to provide an enterprise grade integration solution for those, and many other, ALM tools. You can watch a quick video demonstrating traceability through integration with CA Clarity here:

Connecting the Project Management Office (PMO) to Development - YouTube

This video actually shows integration with TFS, not HP ALM. I could schedule a live demo for you and your team if you would like to see that specific integration, please feel free to contact me directly if you are interested!

Thanks and Best

Beth Beese | Business Development Manager | Tasktop Technologies
    phone: 647-938-3759
    | web: tasktop.com |

• 3.  Re: Does anyone use the Tasktop connector for requirements between ALM and CA Clarity?

Posted Aug 13, 2015 12:32 PM

Hi Beth,

Tried calling but phone line went dead each time after one ring.

Question 1:  We utilize CA PPM for all projects and PTC Integrity for a sub-set of projects.  We expect to use them in the following manner:

• CA PPM for overall (hundreds of tasks) project plan, scheduling, setting task priorities
    • Passing this information to PTC Integrity
    • Using PTC Integrity in Kanban/Scrum (Agile) manner to manage the thousands of details
    • Feedback data from PTC to CA PPM (including Open Points that reach a 'problem/issue' reporting threshold)
    • Complete timesheets in CA PPM
    • Update overall plan in CA PPM, including costs

Is this the type of integration that Tasktop would be interested in/capable of performing?

Question 2:  We have several EU customers requiring that we supply project schedules to them in the form of SAP R-Plan files.  Is this something that Tasktop would be capable of performing?

We are currently asking questions.  Commitment to dates, funding a project, has not yet been completed.

My work phone is:  734-855-2755,

Near Detroit (EDST).