Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Increase the character limit inside the TO field of the report scheduler

Posted Dec 21, 2016 02:35 PM

Within Advanced Reporting there is a feature to schedule & send reports. In this report scheduler, the TO, CC, and BCC fields are all limited to 100 characters. This makes it very difficult to send the scheduled reports to a project team of 6 or more individuals. We often have project teams of 8 or more people. Could these fields be expanded to 500 characters?

• 2.  Re: Increase the character limit inside the TO field of the report scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2016 11:44 PM

Hi Scott,

The fields are not configurable, the work around I use is to have email distribution list created and use the distribution list.

Regards 

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Increase the character limit inside the TO field of the report scheduler

Posted Dec 22, 2016 07:30 PM

Creating a unique distribution list for each of the projects our organization executes will not be practical as this would add an additional level of management to the Project Manager workflow where they would have to constantly create, validate, edit, and update, then retire their DLs. Not to mention it would overwhelm & clutter our DL manager.

• 4.  Re: Increase the character limit inside the TO field of the report scheduler

Posted Dec 23, 2016 03:17 AM

Hi

I think this is a good candidate for a new "Idea".

• 5.  Re: Increase the character limit inside the TO field of the report scheduler

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 24, 2016 01:19 AM

Hi Scott,

I understand the same and this functionality comes with Jaspersoft and PPM has no control over it. Please raise an idea and we will again ask Jaspersoft to make this configurable for easiness of use.

Regards

Suman Pramanik