Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Posted Oct 23, 2016 09:34 AM

Hi All,

Currently we are working on CA Clarity PPM 14.2 on-premise version, Initially we are planning to move our non-prod environment to Cloud(AWS). I have the following questions in my mind.

1. Is it possible to move the On-premise Clarity version to AWS?
    2. Could anyone let me know what kind of consequences we will be facing if we move to cloud?
    3. Currently we also use Jasper reporting along with Business Objects and Crystal reports.
    4. Did anyone worked on this moving CA PPM moving to AWS/Azure?

I am looking for AWS. Azure info will also be fine to relate the same to AWS.

Good to have a questions if you have any. As i am just started on this analysis.

Looking forward to hear comments.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Santosh

• 2.  Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Posted Oct 28, 2016 06:15 PM

Hi Santosh,

Why not consider moving to CA ondemand?

BR Davor

• 3.  Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Posted Oct 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Hi Santosh,
    I Have come across PoCs of something similar which are done by my peers.
    To your qs...Hosting ca ppm in aws is doable
    This is more of qs that shld be directed to architects.

Please contact ca services to get more help on this topic.

• 4.  Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Posted Nov 11, 2016 05:53 AM

Guys can you please share the cloud migration approach?

• 5.  Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2017 03:43 PM

Hello,

As this question came up today during our Office Hours, wanted to give you the official stance of Support on this and make it available to the public.

We treat those cloud providers the same as we would treat any On Premise/Hosting arrangement.  We do not support infrastructure, so if the customer chooses to attempt deployment on one of those platforms, that’s their business. We just support our application running on the stated architecture stack.

We have customers who are running CA PPM on AWS and Azure both, but if they are, they are unsupported if the problem is related to operating on those platforms. We have had few problems reported with multicast when the platform provided was not allowing it. CA PPM requires multicast to properly function, so before making the decision to choose any cloud provider please make sure they can and will support CA PPM requirements.

Our SAAS environments are fully setup to accommodate CA PPM, so this option is also available for you.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 6.  RE: Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud

Posted Nov 04, 2019 01:18 AM
    Hi Nika,

Thanks for the info. You mentioned "so before making the decision to choose any cloud provider please make sure they can and will support CA PPM requirements."

So does that mean on-prem requirements as in compatibility matrix of the release notes?

Also, what kind of multicast issues come and what should be done in advance to ensure that it is working.

Regards
    Uruj

• 7.  RE: Re: Moving CA Clarity PPM 14.2 On-Premise to AWS/Azure Cloud
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2019 05:19 AM
    Hi Uruj

This thread was originally started in 2016 and clarity can run on any public cloud, regarding multicast we have JDBC ping as alternate to multicast in clarity and ActiveMQ in Jaspersoft which any cloud providers support.

------------------------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Suman Pramanik
    Principal Support Engineer | Customer Success & Support, Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------