Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM Administration login fails

Posted Nov 01, 2016 09:43 AM

Hello Everyone,

does anyone have experience with failing login action to NSA in r15.1. I enter valid password and finally page got refreshed and logs have information about DB connection. I mean nsa-app.log file.

ERROR 2016-11-01 14:44:37,174 [http-nio-8090-exec-1] feature.FeatureCache (clarity:unknown:-1:none) Failed to build cache for features com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException: Error getting a DB connection
    at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceC

We are running on redHat OS, I have not seen this yet. I already installed 15.1 as clear installation but this is not the same behaviour.

any ideas why could it happen?

thank you very much for your comments

Lukas

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails

Posted Nov 01, 2016 11:04 AM

Seems more like a DB connection problem than an administration login issue - check the database setup / can you reach the db server OK from the app server etc?

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails

Posted Nov 01, 2016 03:33 PM

Hello David,

I agree with you that it looks like DB connection problem, but I thought that clear installation of CA PPM needs to be configured using administration (NSA) and I am not able to access it. NSA should be independent on DB connection, right? Because DB connection is next step with administration GUI to set all application parts of rest of PPM services (DB connection, APP services parameters, security and so on).

anyway thank you for your comment

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 03:46 PM

Hi Lukas,

Is this the full error that you’ve been provided with? Sometimes you may have a specific ORA- error that comes after this, so in that case this could give you a better clue. If there is none, then there must be a connection detail in the properties.xml file, review it for any discrepancies. I don’t think you would have this error message on a fresh install when no connection is specified. Also, check your nsa-system log as well.

If you see no reason for the issue, try specifying the database connection directly in the properties.xml file, and restarting, and see if that works.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails

Posted Nov 01, 2016 04:17 PM

First have to mention that it is really fresh installation. As connection details there were localhost:1521 and vendor is oracle as default. I think connection details are fine because when I set it directly in properties.xml then I am able to run application without issues and administration behaves same way. can not login. any ideas where is stored password for administration? some file which I should check if it is existing? thanks a lot

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 04:23 PM

Interesting. Can you try resetting the CSA password as per here: http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.tec440309.html and see if that works?

Thanks -Nika

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Administration login fails
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 01, 2016 07:07 PM

I solved this issue. it was generally the issue of architecture and citrix client which was providing IE services. So IE through IE does not behave as IE in all aspects. thanks a lot.