Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to add an OBS related field as a Start Condition to a process?

Posted Oct 28, 2016 12:09 PM

Is it possible to add an OBS related field as a Start Condition to a process?

I would like a process related to the Project object to kick off only if the project's Department OBS value has been modified. However, I don't seem to be able to add that as a Start Condition.

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to add an OBS related field as a Start Condition to a process?

Posted Oct 28, 2016 12:11 PM

Check this:

Parent Object OBS Start Condition on a Process?

Parent Object OBS Start Condition on a Process?  

NJ

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to add an OBS related field as a Start Condition to a process?

Posted Oct 28, 2016 12:27 PM

Thanks NJ,

I had noticed the CA Idea that has resulted from the topic you linked however that is different from what I am asking. The CA Idea summary is to "Add support for a Sub Object's Parent Object's OBS in a Process Start Condition". Robert goes on to describe that the "OBS is available as a Start Condition for 'Top Level Objects' (e.g. Project) in CA PPM Processes. Using OBS as a start condition allows the ability to restrict processes to specific parts of an organization (OBS) by essentially saying "For Projects in this Organization (OBS unit and descendants) we do this process".

My issue isn't about sub objects, it's actually related to the Project object, but I'm not trying to restrict the process's start condition based on what OBS the project is in. What I'm trying to do is to start the process only if the project's OBS has changed, no matter what OBS it's related to.