Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jasperreports - Task Grouping in a Gantt chart

Posted Nov 10, 2016 06:16 AM

I'm trying to create a widged-pro gantt chart that lists project durations by month. So far this is working fine, but now i have to add tasks to the "parent" project, that lists its phases durations (CER, SPP).

My Data table (SQL) is as follows:

Basically i want to create some kind of grouping so each phase is right bellow the main project duration bar, all in one project row.

My process is ID=$F{RANK} and Label = $F{NAME}

So far I'm not understanding the logic of the grouping, and I'm not finding any example of this being used. At the moment all records/projects show separate (repeated process), even the ones that belong to the same parent project.

And when i put the grouping expression like: $F{ID}.equals($F{Parent_prj), no change occurs.

This is what i'm trying to make (see image), as featured in the ireport designer manual:

this is what i'm trying to make

Does anyone accomplished a similar design? or can point me in the right direction, or some kind of example, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

• 2.  Re: Jasperreports - Task Grouping in a Gantt chart

Posted Dec 09, 2016 04:54 PM

we don't use  "widged-pro gantt chart" since you cannot export report to PDF format or others.

We usually create "manual gantt" charts (using tables, cells, coloring cells,...)

I'd suggest to build something manually. You can easily group in your query and make gantt char manual as you need.

• 3.  Re: Jasperreports - Task Grouping in a Gantt chart

Posted Jan 03, 2017 09:15 AM

Hello Aurora,

You can't export the report containing widget pro charts from PPM in the Advanced reporting section? Is this not supported or its a bug?

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Jasperreports - Task Grouping in a Gantt chart

Posted Jan 05, 2017 09:51 AM

Hello,

I'm not having problems running a report that features a widget pro gantt chart. It all works as expected, But you need to have flash installed and connfigure the properties file of you jaspersoft and uncomment the line that indicates the rendering for flash.

This helped Configuring JasperReports Library | Jaspersoft Community 

Thnak you.

• 5.  Re: Jasperreports - Task Grouping in a Gantt chart

Posted Jan 09, 2017 08:39 AM

Hi

Thanks for the tip. However, it will not be possible for OnDemand environments.