Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Jun 08, 2016 10:17 AM

I want to be able to create a resource requisition out of a role, where the named resource replaces the role when the requisition is filled. Is this available in any of the Clarity versions? Is there another function that allows for this?

How can I address this issue...

• 2.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

• 3.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Jun 08, 2016 12:18 PM
      |   view attached

Yes, I have already checked those resources.

Thanks,

Tess

• 4.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Jun 08, 2016 12:22 PM

Is there any issue that you face when you replace a role with a named resource ?

NJ

• 5.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Jun 08, 2016 12:24 PM
      |   view attached

I would like to be able to replace a role requisition with the named resource the resource manager proposes. Currently the system does not support this. Is there another way to do it that isn’t manual?

Thanks,

Tess

• 6.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 15, 2016 02:33 AM

Hello Tess,

I think you will be able to achieve the functionality with a workflow and some GEL Scripting. At a high level it would look something like this:

1. PM creates a requisition.

2. RM navigates to the requistion and adds resource to the requisition. RM changes the requisition status to Proposed.

3. At this moment, a process would start which will:

a. allocate the proposed resource to the project

b.  copy the allocation from the role to the resource and

c. remove the role from the project.

Steps a,b and c will be implemented using Gel Script.

4. The process will then change the status of the requisition to Booked.

I checked if I change the status of the requisition to booked by a workflow, it doesn't replace the role with the proposed resource. But if I book the requisition from UI, it does.

I hope this helps.

-Sankhadeep

• 7.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:13 PM

Hi navzjoshi00 any other ideas for tess_i Thanks! Chris

• 8.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2017 07:04 PM

You can replace a role with a named resource in classic PPM.

There are a few rules that you need to be aware of for the target named resource to consume the entire role allocation.

You will need to have the appropriate resource booking rights on both the role and the target named resource plus the appropriate investment right. 

If the role allocation is set for 100% with an availability of 8 hours per day, and the target resource has the same availability or greater, than the target resource will consume the entire allocation and the role request is removed.

If the role allocation is greater than 100% or the target resource has less availability due to calendar exceptions, the entire role allocation may not be fully consumed and the role request may remain in the project.  Also, if the user does not have the proper booking rights combinations, the role request may remain and/or the target resource may not consume the allocation.

• 9.  Re: Resource requisition: *replace* role with named resource

Posted Feb 07, 2018 10:40 AM

Kathryn,

You say "if the user does not have the proper booking rights combinations, the role request may remain and/or the target resource may not consume the allocation."  

Can you identify the proper booking rights used to alleviate this issue?