View Only
  • 1.  BG LOG ERROR - Unable to fetch parentId

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:11 AM

Hello all,

I'm seeing the following error in bg-ca.log
    Anyone knows what is means ?

What I need check ?

Clarity version: 14.4 Patch 2

ERROR 2016-11-04 11:57:20,072 [Event Handler pool-4-thread-4] statemgmt.RuntimeObjectCache (clarity:XXXXX:33222266__586E6CB9-47A6-42D4-A078-1508B0C69B85:none) Unable to fetch parentId for 5800005
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.niku.bpm.engine.statemgmt.RuntimeObjectCache.loadDefinition(RuntimeObjectCache.java:358)
    at com.niku.bpm.engine.BusinessProcessImpl.startProcessByVersionId(BusinessProcessImpl.java:318)
    at com.niku.bpm.engine.BusinessProcessImpl.startProcessByVersionId(BusinessProcessImpl.java:227)
    at com.niku.bpm.eventmgr.ObjectEventHandler.startProcess(ObjectEventHandler.java:303)
    at com.niku.bpm.eventmgr.ObjectEventHandler.processEventToAutoStartProcesses(ObjectEventHandler.java:267)
    at com.niku.bpm.eventmgr.ObjectEventHandler.fireEvent(ObjectEventHandler.java:63)
    at com.niku.bpm.eventmgr.messageserver.BaseEventHandler.fireEvent(BaseEventHandler.java:27)
    at com.niku.bpm.eventmgr.messageserver.BaseEventHandler.run(BaseEventHandler.java:77)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: BG LOG ERROR - Unable to fetch parentId

Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:23 AM

Guessing, from the logs, it appears that an auto start process has failed. Can you check any failed process which started at the same log time and probably associated to instance id 5800005? It may give some more information.

• 3.  Re: BG LOG ERROR - Unable to fetch parentId

Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:43 AM

Hello sridhar_bandaru,

I have 2 processes in same time, but there isn't any error.

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: BG LOG ERROR - Unable to fetch parentId

Posted Nov 07, 2016 11:54 AM

Hi, I am facing the same error. doing some tests, i have discovered that the process failing is asociated with 2 objects (Project and incident). removing the object Incident and the steps that use these attributes the error dissapear.

Of course this is a test,  not a solution, because the process needs to modify incident attributes.