Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Need to add Cost Plan, Task based Grouping Value

Posted Nov 04, 2015 12:31 PM

We have plans where the tasks represent work on system and one or more products.  We identify in MSProject plan in Text field (which may be exchanged with CA PPM), which tasks are assigned to each product.

When building Cost Plan Detail, need to have the records grouped by Product, Role, Department.

Most of the available groupings are resource based (role, resource class, transaction class, department, location, input type, etc....).  Charge Code is tasked based, but we have need to use it for its intended purpose - don't want to re-task it.

Also, do not need to have this grouping attribute in Rate Matrix.

Understand how we could do this using hierarchies - put quite painful to implement:

• Product: System
      • Project:  System
      • Product Assembly A
        • Project A
      • Product Assembly B
        • Project B
          • Project B.1
          • Project B.2

"Plan" results would then show in Hierarchy tabs and reports - not in a unified Cost Plan Detail page - understood.  Knowing the app, this is how I recommend it be used as I think this best represents reality, but resistance to creating "more admin work" will be high.

Why?  Today, I create the system project and put all the tasks on one WBS, identifying which tasks belong to each product.  Simple - create only one thing in CA PPM vs. 8 things as in my example, above.

Alternative ideas?  Suggestions on how to create a task based Grouping attribute?

Dale

• 2.  Re: Need to add Cost Plan, Task based Grouping Value

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2015 07:58 PM

Hi Dale,

I am not sure i quite understand what you are trying to accomplish.

In Jaspersoft, I can create a report that is a crosstab report with the regular grouping attributes and add the investments and have them all roll up, Similar to the old 'Aggregated Cost Plan View' in v12.