Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Issue opening CA PPM On demand

Posted Feb 14, 2017 01:35 AM

Hi, I'm using CA PPM On Demand 14.3. I'm having issue opening CA PPM ondemand URLs. I get either "Time out error" or I land with "Page can not be displayed" in both IE and Chrome. Is there something that is causing this issue? Also I checked with security setting in my system too. I have no issue with security. Again this occurs sometimes, other time it opens up without any issue.

Please share your thoughts to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Monica

• 2.  Re: Issue opening CA PPM On demand

Posted Feb 14, 2017 03:33 AM

Those sort of responses are typically "browser can not reach the application" errors ; the cause of that sort of error can be varied though and not really application-related (unless the application/webserver itself is "down" which would also report that sort of thing).

i.e. your local PC's network error, local-network error, your connection to the internet, CA's connection to the internet... and so on. 

For diagnostics to work out who needs to fix things, you need to eliminate stuff ; can you get to any PPM services? can you get to CA's SAAS portal, can you get to Google, can you get to your local intranet, does your local network report any intermittent connectivity problems (obviously I'm trivialising a bit here, but have to narrow down the problem area)

• 3.  Re: Issue opening CA PPM On demand

Posted Feb 14, 2017 04:08 AM

Dave_3.0, thank you for your help! I can get to all other random stuffs, but the issue prevails only with my machine. I suppose the issue is with my machine and needs to be replaced.

Monica

• 4.  Re: Issue opening CA PPM On demand

Posted Feb 14, 2017 04:20 AM

If the problem is isolated to your machine then yes you have something very local that is causing the issue - have you tried different browsers on your machine? In any case, your local IT admins should be the ones to investigate as it doesn't sound like a PPM problem at all.

(I'm GUESSing obviously)

• 5.  Re: Issue opening CA PPM On demand

Posted Mar 12, 2017 10:05 AM

Hi Monica,

Did you get the issue resolved? if so, what was the root cause? My customer is experiencing the same after upgrade to 14.3

Thanks,

Alicia