Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Posted 03-11-2016 09:51 AM

I could have sworn I read this somewhere, but I cannot find it. So, hoping someone can point me to the "official" documentation

Why are created by and updated by not options in the Data Warehouse (for Ad hoc Reports)  yet created date and last updated date are?  This is the case for custom and out of the box objects 14.2 and 14.3    Any idea on how to be creative in getting them for Ad Hoc reports?  These fields are used often by our users.

Thanks

Lynn

• 2.  Re: Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Posted 03-11-2016 11:31 AM

Hi Lynn,

There are many attributes which are not yet allowed in Dataware house, if you look into attribute properties you will see its not allowed to be selected. There are ideas opened to allow all attributes for DWH, please vote for the same.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Posted 03-11-2016 11:58 AM

thanks.. I knew they were not included intentionally; yes I know you can't choose them, and I know other fields are still being added.  I am asking what was the justification behind that?   I thought CA had something that explained it as in not possible , overlooked, didn't think it was necessary, etc.. ??

thanks

• 4.  Re: Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Posted 03-30-2016 04:28 AM

Hi vtleogal2,

This is a very common question that are being asked by the CA PPM users but unfortunately there is no such documentations explaining why they are not allowed right at this moment. But we have to also consider that this is a new tool that is integrated with CA PPM and hopefully it will get better in the upcoming days and take care of the present limitations. Let's hope for the best and keep posting or voting for the existing Ideas related to this new reporting tool.

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?
    Best Answer

Posted 03-30-2016 06:07 AM

• 6.  Re: Created by and updated by not available for Data Warehouse?

Posted 03-30-2016 07:42 AM

Thanks !  I need to edit my reply

So the article lists last updated by and last updated date but last updated Date is already  available in the DWH, thus it correctly covers the updated by

So, does this mean we can use that link to make created by as well? (created date too is also in the DWH)

I am referring to 14.3

I will ask directly on that post. thanks again!

Still a great example of getting an answer after asking a question