Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  OBS nodes in Ranking rules

Posted Oct 11, 2016 03:28 AM

Dear Portfolio Management module experts,

We have OBS with following structure Theme/Discipline/Area/Domain. Where domains (OBS Units Level 4) are classified as Importance: 1. High 2. Medium 3. Low

Projects are classified with assignment to the Domain and projects in highly important domains should be ranked higher in portfolio than projects where domain is medium or low.

Is it possible to define Ranking rule Lookup value weighting for OBS nodes?

If not, what would be recommended approach to classify OBS with multilevel structure a different priority to lowest levels?

Many thanks!

Miro

• 2.  Re: OBS nodes in Ranking rules

Posted Oct 12, 2016 05:14 PM

Hi Miro

My experience is that it makes best sense to keep information about priority on project itself and only use this value in portfolio management. It also depends on how complex your priority rules are but this could be a solution: Make an attribute on department to distinguish between domain priority and make simple process that combines department priority with your other rules to rank your projects.

Would this work for you?

Br

Davor

• 3.  Re: OBS nodes in Ranking rules

Posted Nov 10, 2016 08:10 AM

hi Davor,

many thanks for the advice, It makes sense to me although I do not know how this process should look like (what object it should be linked to)