Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  DWH data source only for Input controls in Jaspersoft reports?

Posted Oct 04, 2016 05:44 AM

Hi,

This question is related to input controls in custom jaspersoft report. I have a report that uses normal transactional data source 'CA PPM BEAN' to show data. Can I use 'CA PPM DWH BEAN' data source only to populate data in input controls?

I want to use DWH data source in input control so as to put security conditions on the data shown in parameters. If I am using normal odf security tables, then it's taking huge time to populate data in input controls, which would be for sure not at all convenient for end users.

Any help/suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Manisha

• 2.  Re: DWH data source only for Input controls in Jaspersoft reports?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2016 06:20 AM

HI Manisha,

No you cannot use mixed datasource to build the reports. Please check how we use our out of box input controls and the performance is better,

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: DWH data source only for Input controls in Jaspersoft reports?

Posted Oct 04, 2016 06:38 AM

Thanks Suman for your quick response.

I have checked the OTB input controls but as the data source is same in both the places (Input controls & Query design) in out of box reports, the performance is better.

However, currently I am using PPM data source in the report query. So, do you have any other suggestion to restrict the projects shown in input parameters, apart from the odf security tables in input control query?

Regards,

Manisha

• 4.  Re: DWH data source only for Input controls in Jaspersoft reports?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 04, 2016 06:47 AM

Nope thats the table which holds the security.

• 5.  Re: DWH data source only for Input controls in Jaspersoft reports?

Posted Oct 04, 2016 06:57 AM

Ok, so only option I am left with is to use DWH data source in my report, right?