Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to delay auto-notifications when assigning a user to a project?

Posted Mar 23, 2016 12:43 PM

I want to retain notifications to everyone who has been assigned to a project, but want to control when they go out. For example, I want to be able to assign everyone who needs to be on the project but hold off on sending notifications they've been assigned for a few days. Is there a manual push I can do, or would this be reliant on development?

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to delay auto-notifications when assigning a user to a project?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 23, 2016 12:46 PM

Hi Bill,

I don't think there is a way to control the notification, once you assign one team member a notification is triggered .

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to delay auto-notifications when assigning a user to a project?

Posted Mar 24, 2016 09:53 AM

When you "assign" to a project that is normally referred as allocation which in practice is adding the resource to the team.

Assigning is normally at task level.

Is there a reason why you cannot delay that?

If you are in version where you can configure notification you could turn all off, but not delay.

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to delay auto-notifications when assigning a user to a project?

Posted Mar 29, 2016 03:59 AM

From my observation, the notification that is sent, saying "You have been added to this project" , is actually triggered when a resource is added as participant to any project.

Under Project management settings, if Automatically Add Staff Members As Investment Participant is set to When added to Investment , it means every time you add resource to team, the resource is added as participant and hence notification is sent. I assume this is your settings as well.

Assuming that your requirement is a one time activity and will be done in a particular fixed time frame, you may try below approach if it suits. It involves slight development(script to xog participants) though.

You may temporarily change the above project management settings, such that staff members are not added as participants automatically. Then you can add staff to projects and when you are done, run a script which adds staff members as participants to projects effected. This will send out notifications. Revert the project management settings.