Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom pop-up error message ?

Posted Jun 17, 2016 06:00 AM

Hi,

I created a process that compare two date fields (date field1;date field2), if date field 1 is greater than date field 2 dont accept the date value on date field 1. I need to show after that an error message (pop up or a simple error message) in my page that process is running.

Regards

• 2.  Re: Custom pop-up error message ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 17, 2016 06:22 AM

Unfortunately, we can not present 'popup' messages to users (CA PPM is a configurable product, not a programming language, be careful what you try to design (or allow someone to design for you to implement!) in the product without understanding its limitations)

What you could do is update (in your process) your object with a message stating the invalid data. (Or use the TIP : How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object trick to present such a message without resorting to processes)

Don't think anything is going to prevent the invalid data-entry though (unless your 'process' also removes the invalid data?)

• 3.  Re: Custom pop-up error message ?

Posted Jun 17, 2016 06:39 AM

Hi there,

I am not aware of any such way how you can display a pop-up window with some test or Error message on the PPM UI screen based on the input in some field. I believe it cannot be done. You can only send notifications to the users or send him an Action Item informing or updating him about the action that he has taken but I am sure that will not help you much on your requirement.

So these are my suggestions: Try to check if you can set up something in the Attribute fields level from Studio --> Objects. Or a simple yet helpful thing can be adding a Tooltip for the Field 1 saying that "It has to be earlier than the date mentioned in Field 2"

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 4.  Re: Custom pop-up error message ?

Posted Jun 22, 2016 04:10 AM

Hi Calemirou, (Sorry Don't know your first name )

If two fields are custom fields, we can achieve it using dynamic lookup.

For the field 1, you can show all the values but for the field 2, you should show only those values which are equal or greater than the field 1.

This way you are preventing the user to feed the date lesser than the value in field 1.

I hope this helps.

• 5.  Re: Custom pop-up error message ?

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:28 AM

Hello Viraj and thanks for your response,

I don't think that your solution can resolve my issue because the 2 fields are Date Type not a lookup.

Regards