Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a native job or a way to automatize the "Run Event-Waiting Steps" function?

Posted May 10, 2016 11:56 AM

We have developed a solution for answering action items of a process automatically from another process. The thing is that after answering to the action item, the target process takes about 15 minuts do progress to the next step. This progress advances in a faster way if I manually execute the "Run-event waiting steps" function, from the Process Engines screen.

I would like to know if there is a way to make this "Run-event waiting steps" function automatically through a job or if there is a way to reduce the time for the process do progress automatically.

• 2.  Re: Is there a native job or a way to automatize the "Run Event-Waiting Steps" function?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 12:22 PM

The answer is no, but the problem is step is taking longer and had to be forced, there could be many issues like process engine is over loaded doesn't have enough memory to process, process pipeline needs to be increased. There is thread hung. So if you can provide more details when the step is waiting if you see any error on bg log I can try to relate.

• 3.  Re: Is there a native job or a way to automatize the "Run Event-Waiting Steps" function?

Posted May 10, 2016 12:32 PM

Thanks for the answer Suman. I do not think the problem is related to the pipelines because when we use the native functionality to answer the action items (like in the organizer) the process works fine, progressing to next step just as the previous action item is answered.

The processes are taking this time to progress only when we set the answer for an action item through another custom process.

• 4.  Re: Is there a native job or a way to automatize the "Run Event-Waiting Steps" function?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2016 12:35 PM

Understood I said it could be one of the issue, the underlying problem could be product bug also, so do you mind raising a support case so that we can look at the problem closely.