Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Posted 11-17-2015 07:57 PM

I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon.  We have a fairly customized application to track engineering projects to modify equipment/components we own.

1. Starting with the idea to improve a components reliability
    2. Develop a financial summary
    3. Present for project approval of funding
    4. Develop a high level project plan
    5. Gain approval of key stakeholders
    6. Completing several customized sub pages by different resources to identify the components to be modified and provide the details to ensure we modify all the specific components
    7. Finally track compliance in a separate system.

• 2.  Re: Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Posted 11-18-2015 02:10 AM

An intro would be somebody to take you through your complete process and make personal notes to supplement your process descriptions and documentation.

As far CA PPM goes what is available is the CA documentation which in the latest version is the wiki. Going through the table of contents is helpful.

Other types of intros are the CA Clarity PPM videos on youtube.

• 3.  Re: Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Posted 12-10-2015 10:36 AM

Great ideas I will start withteh videos

• 4.  Re: Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon
    Best Answer

Posted 11-18-2015 07:32 AM

Hi Butch79, yes urmas has some good suggestions for you. I agree with him that one of your first steps should be to review the table of contents in the CA PPM documentation to get an overall sense of the product features and functionality. Here is the link:

https://wiki.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3

Some other suggestions:

1. Since you are upgrading from 14.2 to 14.3 soon, review the Release Notes and Change Impact and Upgrade. Very useful for enterprises in your situation.

1. Review the Connect and Learn topic to learn about all of the education and learning opportunities, video tutorials, and social resources. There is a lot going on with CA PPM!

2. Review the Additional Material for Administrators topic to learn about other important information about CA PPM that you need to know about.

Since you are new to CA PPM, also know that we have a new documentation platform which is extremely collaborative. If you find any gaps, suggested improvements, etc. please start a conversation with us by adding a comment to the topic. There is an area at the bottom of every topic where you can do this - see the image below. The CA PPM writers monitor the site and are notified when you add a comment. We'll talk to you about your suggestion to help improve. You can also tell us how satisfied you are with the documentation (our NPS score) but clicking the "Are you satisfied? Rate this content" button which is also available at the bottom of every topic.

Welcome to CA PPM!

Add Comment to CA PPM Documentation.png

• 5.  Re: Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Posted 12-10-2015 10:36 AM

Thanks I will follow your suggestions

• 6.  Re: Introduction to CA PPM.  I am new to CA PPM and would like to get a big picture intro to CA PPM.  We have 14.2 with an upgrade to 14.3 soon

Posted 12-10-2015 11:48 AM

You're welcome Butch79. There are many videos (30+) in the CA PPM On Premise and SaaS documentation, so please explore them and we hope you find them helpful. You will also find customer success stories - take a look in the main areas such as Getting Started, Release Information, Using, Administrating, Reference, and Add-Ins and Integrations. These stories may trigger some ideas for how your organization may choose to implement CA PPM.

Since you are a new user, we would love to hear from you how you like the documentation, or the gaps that we need to fill. A new set of eyes is always helpful and we're always looking to improve.

Simply click the Comments area at the bottom of any topic (you need to be logged in) and provide us with feedback. You can also rank and rate us by clicking "Are you satisfied, Rate this content" - also available at the bottom of every topic.