Clarity PPM

Expand all | Collapse all

URL attribute link to mapped network drive

• 1.  URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 03:29 AM

Hello,

we have got a request from our customer to have an attribute (type URL) in their CA PPM which will be redirecting them to mapped network drive on their local PC in windows explorer. I tried to google it, but the only thing was to use "file:///M:/backup" but it does not work

Have you met this or something similar?

Have you got any idea how to do this?

Thank you all in advance.

Best Regards,

Martin Snizek

• 2.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 05:36 AM

I did some test, but from Clarity does not work even it works from html file.

<a href="file://M:\backup">link</a>

• 3.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 06:18 AM

If the HTML link works OK then you could use the TIP : How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object  technique to "launch" the URL I think.

• 4.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:00 AM

Hello David,

thank you for the provided information. But for me it does not work, it just shows the generated text, not hypertext link. Please see screenshot below ("Odkaz na soubor" is label of lookup attribute).

Snímek obrazovky 2015-12-03 v 14.58.17.png

Have you got any idea what can be wrong?

Here is query for the lookup:

SELECT
     @SELECT:id:prj_ID@
    ,@SELECT:odkaz:CALC_VALUE@
    FROM
    (select id,'<a href="file://'||c_msn_dummy_link||'" target="_blank">link</a>' odkaz
    from
    odf_ca_project
    WHERE id=@WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:proj_id@

union
    select 1 id, '-' odkaz from dual where @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:INTEGER:proj_id@ is null)
    WHERE @FILTER@

and also the screenshot of the attribute definition.

Snímek obrazovky 2015-12-03 v 14.58.25.png

And also I have one more question.

When I set the default value and then go to the project the field is empty, how do you fill the value to the lookup attribute to show the value regarding to the specified project?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Martin

• 5.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:08 AM

I don't think you have quite followed the "technique" fully - the trick is that the query for the lookup always returns a constant value (1) - your lookup query appears to be returning the prj_id?

The display problem you have (where you see the HTML instead of the link) is when the lookup is set to "browse" rather than "drop-down".

• 6.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:25 AM

Sorry for my post below. You are right, my mistake, corrected it. I can now see it as link, but still the link does nothing. When I click on it really nothing happens. I checked the source code and the link is exactly the same as I posted above.

Is it possible that Clarity is somehow blocking links with "file:// ... "?

Regards,

Martin

• 7.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:29 AM

Not sure its a "Clarity thing" - when you click on that HTML link it is the browser that is handling that and as far as the browser is concerned its "just an HTML link".

So I'm a bit confused as to why clicking doesn't do anything, HTML isn't really my strength - sorry.

• 8.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:50 AM

^ actually a bit of Googling seems to indicate that its for browser/security reasons that such links don't just open - no idea hoiw you get around that - possibly this is the same problem you were initially having with URL attributes.

• 9.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 10:20 AM

You are right in both ideas, it's connected with browser and it's security policy. I found a solution:

Go to Tools → Internet Options → Security → Local Intranet → Sites → Advanced

Add the site that has open folder and files functionality.

After setting this the URL attribute works too.

Thank you very much for helping me to solve this.

Best Regards,

Martin

• 10.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 10:26 AM

Yay!

• 11.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:12 AM

I found here on community that it will be solved by setting the attribute as Browse, I have this but no change

• 12.  Re: URL attribute link to mapped network drive

Posted 12-03-2015 09:16 AM

It needs to be pull-down, not browse