Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Posted Aug 08, 2016 05:09 PM

I am new to Clarity and would like some simple instructions as to how to create a timesheet.  The creating of projects, resources, and tasks is rather intuitive but I can't figure out how to create a timesheet.  Help from the community would be greatly appreciated

• 2.  Re: New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 08, 2016 08:08 PM

Hi,

Hope this helps - Submit a Timesheet - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

The product documentation covers the major part of how to use the functionalities but if you come across anything specific which cannot be found in the doc, please let us know.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Posted Aug 09, 2016 02:03 AM

Looking at the documentation what I see is the thing that happen after you have timesheets set up and start entering time.

The way I understand the question is how to do you get to that point.

So

Create time periods, set them open.

Set projects and resources open for time entry and make the track mode Clarity

Give resources navigate timesheets right (they should have enter time for themselves by default if not give it)

This allows to see the timesheets link and to open the the list of timesheets, and open individual timesheets.

Assign resources to tasks and set them open for time entry and also the resources open for time entry in team > Staff member properties

This allows the resources to see the task they are assigned to on the timesheet when the planned time frame is so that they can enter time and SUBMIT the entered time.

Jerin_Sebastian please educate me. If that, too, is covered in the documentation educate me where exactly.

• 4.  Re: New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2016 10:35 PM

Hi,

This is from the product documentation which explains about the configurations.Its a pretty straightforward documentation which should help in the set up. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Administrating - CA PPM - 14.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Posted Aug 10, 2016 04:07 PM

Well, that tells you where you configure various things. But what do you need to configure to see timesheet you need to figure yourself. Did not see Time reporting periods in the list

from the Project management settings menu items on Mapping of Microsoft Project Fields is covered in that part of documentation

Needs improvement.

• 6.  Re: New to Clarity, how do you create a timesheet?

Posted Aug 09, 2016 10:20 AM

As you are new, are you on the user side or the administrative side of CA PPM at your organization?

If you are on the user side of CA PPM, CA PPM has to be setup to allow time tracking.

If you are on the administrative side of CA PPM, again you have to be setup to allow for time tracking. Do you have time reporting periods defined? Are resources, projects, tasks open for Time Entry? Do you have a process defined fro approving time sheets? etc.

A little bit of training can go a long way with CA PPM.