Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM AP Office Hours, February 05, 2016 @ 2.30PM Sydney Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2016 06:42 PM

Dear Community Member,

Have a question about CA Project and Portfolio Management? Connect with CA Technologies technical experts to get answers via Office Hours for CA PPM. Our team is here to help you get more out of your technology. Join us for an hour on Friday, February 05, 2016 @ 2.30PM Sydney Time.

What type of questions should you ask?

•General Product Questions

•Best practices

•Commonly seen issues

•Technical content and/or scenarios you want our technical information team to focus on.

•Technical content and/or scenarios you would like our technical information team to NOT focus on.

What type of questions should you not ask?

•Please DO NOT discuss support cases – You will need to open a ticket instead

•Please DO NOT discuss support of customizations

Click here to add to calendar and join the day of.

*Please note that there is no audio. This is for you to submit your questions only and our experts will respond using WebEx.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM AP Office Hours, February 05, 2016 @ 2.30PM Sydney Time

Posted Feb 04, 2016 12:15 PM

That's going to be 4:30 AM here.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM AP Office Hours, February 05, 2016 @ 2.30PM Sydney Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 05, 2016 12:52 AM

Hi Urmas, The timing was set suitable for the local APJ customers. For US guys, there is one coming up next week - https://communities.ca.com/events/2589 Get ready with your questions :) Thanks, Jerin

• 4.  Re: CA PPM AP Office Hours, February 05, 2016 @ 2.30PM Sydney Time

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 04, 2016 11:22 PM

from Jerin Sebastian to Everyone:

Hello Martti! How are you?

Welcome to the APJ Office hours...

from Martti K. to Everyone:

Good morning, Thanks I am good, and you?

I am good as well - Thank you!

Lets get started...

from Siva Kumar Chandran to Everyone:

Sure.

please shoot your questions...

This is regarding timesheet approvals in Clarity. Currently in Maybank, we are doing the approval of timesheet individually. Is it possible for a collective approval of timesheet per project manager to be configured in Clarity?

from Kathryn Ellis (CA) to Everyone:

@Siva : Yes, you can use the OOTB 'Timesheet Approval' process definition.  You will have to modify some of the steps to meet your needs.  There is a KB about this , let me find it

I was just wondering about the attribute ID's and db field names. Is it not so that the db column name is the same as the ID of the attribut except for the old tables and fields which were created in ABT or Niku and for virtual attributes which do not have a column but do have and ID. Recently I noticet some cases in risk attributes where the ID and the field name are not the same. That should not happen with a custom attribute, but could happen if the attibute was developed by CA. Is that correct?

from Shaji Karattiyattil to Everyone:

Hello, Introduce myself.. Shaji from Department of Infrastructure, Canberra.

hi Shaji

Welcome to the office hours, Shaji

Hello Shaji, Siva from Maybank here.

@Martti - Can you please specify the table/column names?

Canberra bit cloudy but stunning.. hi Jer..Si...Kath..

I don't have access to the system now, but I

@Martti: If its a custom attribute, then it would be created under odf_ca_* table and the column should have the same name as what you had given in the UI.

'll have a look

@Siva, look at the product documentation topic : https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/using/project-management/manage-time-recording-for-team-members

@Siva, here is a KB about Timesheet Approval access rights : http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec439855.aspx

from Dhawak to Everyone:

Jerin,need your help for report

@Dhawak - Sure, shoot your question

Thank you Kathryn for the help. So it is possible to do so..just needed some configuration.

@Siva, make a copy of the existing OOTB Process Definition -- go to Administration, Processes, find the one named 'Project Manager Approval' / make a copy and modify it

@Kathryn, thank you for the guide, I am still a beginner in the technical areas in Clarity,but I will be sure to bring this up to the person in charge for the modification.

from Dhawak to Everyone:

Project Cost and Effort-Report

@Siva, cool! Also, explore the communities and if you get stuck I am sure there will be plenty of help

@Kathryn, Another question, does some of the module in Clarity such as Chargeback works better with a newer version of Clarity? Currently we are using 13.3 and we were having a discussion internally regarding this but we reached a dead end. Any inputs regarding this?

from Dhawak to Everyone:

Need your help to run this report by setting up a Dumy project in Clarity

from Dhawak to Everyone:

Seems we are not setting this up properly may be, so report is not wroking as required

@Dhawak - We have a pretty good CSP guide for the report documentation. Let me get you the URL to the guide

from Dhawak to Everyone:

thanks

@Siva, there are no significant changes to Chargebacks in v14.3 / in the next release (Armstrong) the Cost Type attribute will be added.

@Dhawal: check this URL

https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/anonymous/phpsupcontent?contentID=e555020a-ccd5-43dd-ba00-8fa1e4cdd7a4&productID=5590

@Kathryn..I see, so there should not be any problem if a particular version is being used for several years ? or there will be a time where some of the new information or changes does not adapt to the current version and we would have to change?

Just wondering whether any limit of SQL update statment in a GEL script run through Execute a process.

@Dhawal: Check the product guide under this url and it should give you details of the report

@Siva, I would always check the Change Impact Upgrade Guide to see if there are any significant changes / but you should be okay up through 14.3 and Armstrong

@Kathryn.Thanks for the clarification.

@Siva, you should check the KBs and release notes to see if there are any resolved bugs as well.

@Shaji: The current version of PPM (14.3) does allow SQL updates in the GEL scripts. As of now, we have not been informed with any limitation of using SQL scripts in gel

@Kathryn..I do visit the communities at a regular basis as well, checking on the issues commonly faced by the users of 13.3 in particular. Some has been really helpful.

@Siva, great! glad to hear you are using self-service avenues.

@Siva, we strive to provide as much information as possible to help you

@Kathryn..during the project creation, I encountered Collaboration Manager in the participant page under the Team ribbon. I have searched the Community but still no information about this. Am I searching in the wrong place?

@Siva, do you just want to know what the functionality is ? if so, go to our DocOps.ca.com site... search for collaboration.  Let me help you find the URL

@Kathryn, that would be really helpful.

Look at this as a starting point.  https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/getting-started/personalize-ca-ppm

it talks about Collaboration

@Kathryn. Thank you. Will have a look at that. It would be easier to explain to the project managers here about that particular function.

@Siva, also using search terms such as :---- knowledgebase, participants, documents, dms, collaboration ----should help you to find related KBs

@Siva, there might also be some training videos on the subject in youtube or on our CA learning path

@Siva there is plenty of discussion on the community as well if you search collaboartion manager

@ Martti K..I will look thoroughly the community for the information. Pretty much its all self discovery for me, as I am new to Clarity. thank you for the suggestions and advice. 

@All: If you dont have any more questions, I will wrap up the session in next 5 minutes

@Jerin Did not find the attribute I was looking for, but so basically the name ofthe db field and the id  should be the same. Thanks

For the time being, I think my questions has been answered. Thank you for all the help. Is it possible for us to get your email as in to follow up for our questions as well as other issues related to Clarity?

There is also a 'Live Chat' option available to ask Support Engineers questions and if it needs more assistance, we can turn the chat into a case

@Martti: Ideally yes, but if you find any mismatch, please post it in the communities where I will be pasting the transcript and I will get back to you

@Jerin OK thanks.

from Deb to Everyone:

thanks for organising this. I don't have any questions today. enjoy your weekend everyone.

@ Jerin thanks.

@All: Thanks everyone for joining the Feb office hour session.. Have a nice weekend.

Wait for the announcement of the next one happening in March.

Bye!

Thank you all as well.

=D

from Deb to Everyone:

bye

Bye All...