Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 07, 2015 08:01 AM

Looking for the process/tools to xog in a spreadsheet of PO other expense actuals for Version 14.2 on demand.  Appreciate any help.

• 2.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 07, 2015 12:25 PM

Hi,

If your data is close to the format expected by the Transactions xog, you may work out some tricks with Excel to generate the xog xml.

If you are looking for something more sofisticated, then you may need to build or buy a specific tool.

We developed some tools to import actuals to Clarity from several different sources, including Excel files.

Feel free to reach out to me if you want more details about our solutions. We may have something ready or almost ready that match your needs.

Regards,

Roberto Barra

roberto.barra@agila.com.br

• 3.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 07, 2015 02:04 PM

Thanks Roberto. You dont know where I can find an Excel Macro that puts data in the needed Transactions xog format that I could use as a template do you ?

• 4.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 07, 2015 03:04 PM
      |   view attached

You can try do it yourslef without a macro.

If you have all the mandatory values for a transaction in XOG format (ie., date must be in the format yyyy-MM-dd, you need internal task id, internal group id, code for the financial grouping attributes, etc), you can just slice the XML String for a transaction, and insert each piece on a column of the Excel, interleaving with data columns.

I´m attaching an Excle with a sample of what I talking about (it's only a sample, it does not generate complete transaction tags!). All you have to do is repeat the value of the columns with XML content for all value lines, then copy all lines inside a shell for the XML XOG, and remove tabs.

The XOG shell :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_inboundTransaction.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="inboundTransaction" version="6.0.11"/>

<Transactions>

PASTE EXCEL CONTENT HERE

</Transactions>

</NikuDataBus>

This is the full transaction XOG with only one transaction:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_inboundTransaction.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="ORACLE-FINANCIAL" objectType="inboundTransaction" version="6.0.11"/>

<Transactions>

<Transaction

voucherNumber="ABCVDD"

transactionType="L"

externalID="L-RESCODE_UK1-PROJ_UK_CNT_GBP-37289-8"

importStatus="N"

clientID="NikuUK"

projectID="TESTPROJ"

resourceID="admin"

taskID="5017601"

groupId="123"

inputTypeCode="SALES"

chargeCode="LCOCD1"

chargeable="1"

transactionClass="ABCD"

actualCostRate="1"

billRate="1"

transactionDate="2002-02-12"

units="11"

/>

</Transactions>

</NikuDataBus>

Good luck!

Roberto Barra

Attachment(s)

xlsx
    sample_xog_gen.xlsx   11 KB 1 version

• 5.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 07, 2015 03:06 PM

Have not seen any around. You can easily use formulas as well to add the tags or mail merge in Word.

• 6.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted Aug 25, 2015 08:25 PM

Urmas, did you get this solution to work? Still need the transactions load?

• 7.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted Aug 26, 2015 03:53 AM

Have you checked the post from fpena ?

NJ

• 8.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted Aug 26, 2015 04:23 PM

I do use those two methods frequently, both can be used when the hierarchy is not single level. Though I have not written actuals with XOG.

See Federico's video on using Excel with simple hierarchy.

How to use Microsoft Excel to Map Data Automatically into XOG files for CA PPM - YouTube

• 9.  Re: process/tools to xog in other expense actuals

Posted May 19, 2015 10:56 AM

Hi Sam,

IT-ROI has an excel plugin for Clarity that would allow you to perform those actions.  take a look here http://www.itroisolutions.com/integration/ppm-excel-interface

Cheers,

Federico