Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

• 1.  Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

Posted 06-10-2016 05:43 AM

Hi,

I've set up my Jasperserver, DWH setting has been done successfully. I would like to create the domain based reports.

I've created new user and added this user login for the Jaspersoft server connection details in Jasper studio. I tested the connection and it works fine. Later when I added the domain and added the fields & filter in Dataset & Query. So the text is in XML format but the Data preview shows the null pointer exception.

I also designed the report based on this domain and tried to preview, it shows the null pointer exception.

When I designed the same in Clarity using Advanced reporting, it works fine. Why not in Jasper studio.

My main aim is to use the combine domains and design reports, is it possible either in studio or Clarity--> Advanced query

Thanks

Sreeram

• 2.  Re: Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

Posted 06-10-2016 09:09 AM

Hi Sreeram,

I am not entirely sure if you can combine domain and studio report together. however with domain based studio report you will face performance issues so direct SQL in studio is better.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

Posted 06-13-2016 01:12 AM

Hi Suman,

Could I use Multiple domains together to form the report which is table based report from the CA clarity Advanced reporting? is it possible?

Thanks

Sreeram

• 4.  Re: Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

Posted 06-13-2016 01:59 AM

Hi Sreeram,

The answer is no, what is the business case, if you need to join multiple domain then create a domain and you can use that to build the report.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: Jasperstudio Domain Report creation - Null pointer Exception

Posted 06-13-2016 05:50 AM

ok I tried to create a new domain with CA_PPM_DWH_Bean and tried to add the project and resource table together, but the ok button is not working (not enabled). How do i save it

Also if i add the project and resource tables of DWH, do I need to add the locale bundle file and security file. Please advise

Thanks

Sreeram