Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Action item in data warehouse

Posted Apr 29, 2016 01:43 PM

Hello all,

Is it possible to export the action item to  data warehouse of Clarity ?

Because I saw in object action item and the flag "Include in the Data Warehouse" is disabled.

Let me explain my idea, I need to keep one copie of action item to audits.

But the action itens are deleted by "delete process instance" job, so I thought in create an datamart with those information and provide one report in jasper reports.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Action item in data warehouse

Posted Apr 29, 2016 02:58 PM

Mauricio,

Yes - major flaw in the product, in my opinion.  We use process actions to vote on things (approve, reject), record notes, and then delete the results because the process logs take up so much file space.  This made sense to someone?  And, why is that very useful Notes tab not available on all Action Items, only process based actions?  Another miss.

What we've done, where records of voting are required to be maintained, is to have the process copy the results to a read-only text attribute on the object record associated with the process.  There, users can see who did what, when, without having to click on anything else.  Data is there forever - process deletion doesn't affect it.  And, the attribute can be easily exported to DWH for Jaspersoft reporting.  This is a pretty clean workaround.

Dale

• 3.  Re: Action item in data warehouse
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2016 11:57 AM

Mauricio,

Here's an idea:

• create a custom object that mirrors the Action Item object - "Action Item-Copy"
    • run a procedure periodically, that copies Action Item content to "Action Item-Copy"
    • As "Action Item-Copy" is a custom object, should be able to set its attributes to Export to DWH

Any comments from anyone on this?  Our IT group has started using CA PPM (14.2 on-prem) and wants a report with Action Items included.  This is the solution I'm prepared to give them.

Dale

• 4.  Re: Action item in data warehouse

Posted May 11, 2016 12:56 PM

Perfect solution Dale.

• 5.  Re: Action item in data warehouse

Posted May 11, 2016 02:06 PM

Thanks Dale! Great idea!

• 6.  Re: Action item in data warehouse

Posted Dec 13, 2017 01:08 PM

Hi Dale, just checking to see how this solution you gave worked. Our company wants reporting for Action Items and this might be the route I take.

• 7.  Re: Action item in data warehouse

Posted Dec 14, 2017 09:45 AM

Proposal was not put into place.