Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Scheduled extraction from CA PPM On Demand to a local DWH

Posted Sep 05, 2016 02:36 AM

Hi,

We have a customer who is on CA PPM On Demand (currently 14.2, but if required will upgrade to 15.1).

They don't want to work with Jaspersoft as their BI tool. They want Tableau.

My understanding is that they can't connect the Tableau directly to the On-Damand DB. They need to download their to a local DB/DWH.

It's not a problem to do it one-time by exporting Jaspersoft ad-hoc views to CSV files, but I want to create a mechanism that will do it incrementally for the evolving data.

How can that be achieved?

Thanks,

Barak

• 2.  Re: Scheduled extraction from CA PPM On Demand to a local DWH

Posted Sep 05, 2016 04:40 AM

My initial reaction would be just to write a NSQL query which delivers the required data and call it (scheduled, incrementally) over the query API (web-service).

The details of that query would of course entirely depend on you functional requirements and you would need to take into account data-volume/security etc.

• 3.  Re: Scheduled extraction from CA PPM On Demand to a local DWH

Posted Jan 31, 2017 03:20 PM

Volume would be key.  You can't just export the entire database daily...

• 4.  Re: Scheduled extraction from CA PPM On Demand to a local DWH

Posted Feb 01, 2017 03:32 AM

Yeah if you want some vague "all the data" / "adhoc reporting" requirements then that isn't practicle ; I was really just envisaging some specific targeted reporting - i.e. one query.

Not sure there is a easy answer.