Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Apr 06, 2016 12:36 PM

Have followed the cookbook.  If using waterline columns, can see that I have projects above and below waterline.

However, the water line graphics (line itself and red/green bars) don't display.

Ideas?

2016-04-06 12_32_59-CA PPM __ Portfolio_ NABS - Waterlines - Internet Explorer.png

• 2.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Apr 07, 2016 07:47 AM

Hi Dale,

that looks pretty strange, as if it's not rendering the script correctly.

Do other users face the same issue?

It could be a number of things, but likely a browser issue.

What browser do you use and what version?

• 3.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 12:03 PM

Hi Dale,

Sometimes web browsers, CSS themes, add-ins, and OS settings do conflict (you change the view to 125% and like magic the problem is resolved), but in this case I was able to duplicate this behavior in two more common ways, both easy to remedy. Here's what you might be seeing:

1. You applied a filter. For example, Above Waterline = no or yes.
    2. You scrolled down and/or resized your browser window.

Try setting the filter to Above Waterline = All or scroll up as shown below. The waterline may be hidden off screen. The bottom image shows it again after scrolling up or resetting the filter. The key detail being your Rank column starts at 13 in your screen shot.

Hope this helps!

waterline_ppm.jpg

(By the way, thank you for the note about following the CA PPM Cookbook on Flipboard. For others looking here, to learn more about portfolio waterlines and ranking, see Make Better Decisions: Rank Your Portfolio Investments | CA PPM Cookbook.)

• 4.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Apr 08, 2016 12:59 PM

Thanks for the suggestions, Damon.

No joy.  Had tried the filter/show all trick before submitting question.  Tried it again, today, along with various browser zoom in/out settings.

Also, yesterday, I tried several different browser emulations (Edge, IE11, IE10, IE9).  I've got a resource in Germany with same issue - we are the two that are experimenting with this feature, as its not currently utilized by our company.

So, perhaps we are into the uncommon ways?

Dale

• 5.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Apr 20, 2016 04:07 PM

Discussion has gone cold.  Our app team is creating a support case.

Will report back when we get an answer.

Dale

• 6.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Aug 11, 2016 09:33 AM

Hi,
    Did you have any luck with your support case? I am having the same issue.

• 7.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Aug 11, 2016 09:55 AM

Not yet.  No feedback for a few weeks, either.  Just sent follow-up note to CA support, Tuan.

• 8.  Re: Waterline bar not displayed

Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:02 AM

Ok. Thanks. Good luck!