Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft install connection reset

Posted Sep 17, 2015 10:11 PM

Hello,

I am doing an install of Jaspersoft with 14.2 on Oracle (non-rac). When upgrading the CA PPM I encountered the "connection reset" issue with the c-oracle.jar driver (https://communities.ca.com/thread/241727918). I then hit the issue outlined in the Change and Impact Guide around the non oracle rac and the additional JDBC parameters.Everything went fine and the upgrade completed.

While installing Jaspersoft on RHEL, I am encountering a similar issue. First, I got a logon denied message when I know the logon works. I copied the working c-oracle.jar file to the Jaspersoft install and I was able to make it past that error. Next I encounter a random connection reset error from JDBC. This appears to be the same JDBC issue from CA PPM but this time I am out of ideas on what to update.

Has anyone seen or encountered this before?

ldfile: /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build.xml

[echo] Filtering properties (cleaning out blank spaces)

[encrypt-props] Encrypt dbPassword,sysPassword

[echo] chkIfPackageManagedTomcat: check if package managed tomcat

[echo] Tomcat DBCP Factory: com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.tomcat.jndi.JSBasicDataSourceFactory

[echo] creating /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[mkdir] Created dir: /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[copy] Copying 1 file to /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[copy] Copying 1 file to /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[echo] dbSidOrServiceName = :CLAR0U

[echo] dbSidOrServiceNameProp = SID=CLAR0U

[echo] chkAndSetLocaleDbSettings: parse: scripts.properties for db commands

[copy] Copying 32 files to /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default

[copy] Copying 1 file to /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default/webapp/WEB-INF

[echo] chkIfPackageManagedTomcat: check if package managed tomcat

[echo] using settings file: /nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/build_conf/default/maven_settin gs.xml

init-js-db-pro:

[echo] For JDBC driver the artifactId and version properties are set:

[echo] maven.jdbc.artifactId=ojdbc6

[echo]   maven.jdbc.version=11.2.0.4

[echo]   Specified JDBC driver jar exists

BUILD FAILED

/nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/bin/db-common.xml:92: The following error occurred while executi ng this line:

/nfs/ppminstall/jaspersoft/install/buildomatic/bin/app-server.xml:60: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: IO Erro r: Connection reset

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:498)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:553)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:254)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:32)

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:528)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.establishConnection(AdvancedSQLExec.java:177)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.getConnection(AdvancedSQLExec.java:145)

at com.jaspersoft.buildomatic.sql.ant.AdvancedSQLExec.execute(AdvancedSQLExec.java:78)

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft install connection reset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2015 04:58 PM

Hi Chris,

This seems to be a tough one. It errors just before starting to create any of the tables, and in the moment it establishes the connection, and tries to connect to jdbcUrl.

As a first step I would probably try to see if we can make the first jar work.

To do that, try putting the old jar back and change the password manually for Jaspersoft database user to something completely different. Then try the install. Now it may or may not work for the password issue, but I’ll want to see if this jar will fail with Connection Reset too. The reason being is that we have not encountered any issues with the Jaspersoft driver yet. Also please ensure there is no issue connecting with the Service Name.

Please let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards
    Nika Hadzhikidi

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft install connection reset
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 24, 2015 08:55 AM

After doing some searching, I found there is a scenario that causes this error. The error has to do with Jaspersoft having access to RHEL's random number generator. The solution is to create an environment variable called JAVA_OPTIONS. After setting this variable, the install continued without issue.

JAVA_OPTIONS=-Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/../dev/urandom

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft install connection reset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2015 09:47 AM

The connection reset issue we had before and some forum talked about faultly hardware also

JDBC Connection Reset when using many processes... | Oracle Community

Usn's IT Blog » Oracle 11g JDBC driver hangs blocked by /dev/random – entropy pool empty

Regards

Suman

• 5.  Re: Jaspersoft install connection reset

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 11:38 AM

The JAVA_OPTIONS fix did not solve the issue for us.

This is what helped: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1755351.aspx