I created a custom lookup attribute for the project object which works correctly when displaying on a single project but never returns values when viewing the projects list. It seems like the query I wrote for the lookup is not getting the parameters when viewing the projects list. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?
Is this is a parametrised lookup (sounds like it is from your question), then there was a problem prior to V13.3 with these in LIST views.
See ; TEC592044 "Parameterized lookup value will show blank in List Views"
We are currently running V14.3 but the above solution did not help. It caused the projects to error when trying to load and displayed the default value for all the projects in the list view.
I followed your walk-through (If you are the same David Morton) that I had found on "How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object". The walk-through is a little bit older (22.11.2012) but it was still very useful.
My NSQL is as follows if it will help to view it:
SELECT top 1 r.full_name as calc_value
FROM niku.prteam t
JOIN niku.srm_resources r on t.prresourceid = r.id
JOIN niku.inv_investments i on t.prprojectid = i.id
WHERE i.code = @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:unique_code@
AND t.prroleid = 5005006
SELECT ' ' from DUAL
WHERE @WHERE:PARAM:USER_DEF:STRING:unique_code@ is NULL
I also tried re-structuring the above query to return a dynamic link as suggested by the notes of the walk-through but was unsuccessful in getting that to work either.
I think that I have always said (whichever logon I happen to be using at the time ) that the "How To Put Any Dynamically Generated Value On A Clarity Object" trick didn't work on LIST views - and I was saying that for the very reason that parameterized lookups just didn't work on LIST views (at the time that "trick" was written up).
But to be honest I have not played with the "trick" in the more-recent versions of the application (where parameterized lookups are meant to work in LIST views) so I'm not yet going to be able to provide an opinion on whether they do or don't and whether the "trick" then works (or still doesn't) - sorry!
I ended up sending this to CA Support to try and get their help and they admitted that this is a product defect. I have not heard whether or not this was accepted by their DEV team as a defect and if it will be fixed in future releases