Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Attachment Field Problem

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:11 PM

I have an attachment field in an object.  I need it to then appear as a virtual field in the sub-object.  I want the virtual field to appear in a portlet (this uses the sub object).  However, in both the sub object and in the portlet it's only showing the virtual field but not the attachment itself.

In other words, if i add an attachment to the attachment field (i.e. a word doc etc.), whilst the virtual attachment field is appearing in the sub object (both in the main properties and list), the attachment is appearing blank so can't be seen or accessed.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Ben

• 2.  Re: Attachment Field Problem

Posted Jul 26, 2016 12:13 PM

Also, the same is occurring in the portlet - I've added the virtual field to the list but it's only appearing as a header in the portlet - the attachment itself isn't showing.

• 3.  Re: Attachment Field Problem

Posted Jul 26, 2016 11:20 PM

We don't store documents in Clarity, instead we store a URL link to where the document is located - in our case, it is a HTML link to an external Document Management System.

We have custom portlets that can use this link to allow staff to open up the documents, and pretty sure sub-objects can reference the URL on the master object (though haven't tested this part).

• 4.  Re: Attachment Field Problem

Posted Jul 28, 2016 05:54 AM

Thanks, we also use URLs, but in this case unfortuantely we need to use attachments.