Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 03:17 AM

We have defined several process on timesheet for approval . These processes are set to Autostart only for perticular user groups.

However if an ADMIN submits timesheet, all the processes get started at the same time for him.

So the question is what minimum access is to be removed inorder to prevent all the process autostarting for an ADMIN.

NOTE: Admin user does not have Process Autostart - All rights.

• 2.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 04:14 AM

The 'admin' user or an admin user (a 'normal' user account with administration privileges)?

( since I don't think that we ever should be using 'admin' for normal activities?)

Is it possible that the admin-user created the processes and that creation-right includes some automatic rights (think you need to check every process right that the user has I think not just the one global right)

• 3.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:32 AM

The admin user created the processes. Each process is supposed to "autostart" only for users belonging to respective user groups. And this works alright for all 'normal' users.

However when a user with admin rights (user belongs to Application Administrator, PMO System Administrator groups etcc)

submits timesheets , all the above process gets "autostarted" .
    When i checked the global rights for this user.. There is no Process Autostart - All rights. No rights in Instance also.

So I guess, I will have to remove some admin rights from this user, but not able to find which admin group to remove him from.

• 4.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:50 AM

I think that the 'Application Administrator' group has 'Process - Start All' global right.

• 5.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:52 AM

Nope. Checked that. If there is any such Global right as part of a Right Group , then it would show up in the Global Rights list in the user.. But no such global right is provided.

• 6.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 05:58 AM

^ don't look at the global rights for the user, look at the global right for the group(s) that the user is a member of.

( Don't trust the user's rights view to show you everything! )

( and instance rights don't show up against the user when the right is inherited from a group ; if you go to the process definition itself and look at the access-to-this-process / full-view for your admin users that might help find things as well )

• 7.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 06:59 AM

Ok I spent some time looking at Instance and Global rights for the Groups that the admin user is a member.

Didn't find anything for Autostarting all processes.

> The only Process related rights were in the  Process Administrator group, and the group contains only the following Global Right;

• Process - Cancel - All
    • Process - Create Definition
    • Process - Delete - All
    • Process - Edit Definition - All
    • Process - Manage - All
    • Process - Start - All {Allows resource to start a new process instance from any of the process definitions in the system.}
    • Process Access
    • Process View Instance - All

>> The process definition shows that only the admin user (default admin account) and a "ABC" group has access.
    >>> The user with admin rights does not belong to this "ABC" group

• 8.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 07:13 AM

>> The process definition shows that only the admin user (default admin account) and a "ABC" group has access.

Are you looking at the "Full View" section of the process definition, then filtering by your named administrator user?

(what you describe sounds like you are looking at the individual instance/OBS/group sections of the access-to-this-process instead)

• 9.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 07:58 AM

I think I didn't specify clearly;

Yes  I did check the  Full View access and only the admin user (default admin account) has access

and under the Group section for ACCESS-TO-THIS-PROCESS tab , only the "ABC" group is specified with Autostart right

• 10.  Re: All timesheet process auto-starting when ADMIN submits

Posted Aug 12, 2016 08:34 AM

OK so I'm out of guesses now sorry ; contact support?