Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Security: I found users created my user appears as Created By but I did not create

Posted Jul 07, 2016 09:05 AM

Is there any way to find users who created or where as IP address?

I'm very concerned about that and need to conduct an audit.

Regards!

Ariel

• 2.  Re: Security: I found users created my user appears as Created By but I did not create

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2016 09:15 AM

You can look at the app access log to find out that. If you are behind the firewall and to access log its internal firewal IP then its tough to find out.

• 3.  Re: Security: I found users created my user appears as Created By but I did not create

Posted Jul 07, 2016 09:20 AM

Could there be any interfaces/processes owned by your user which create users?

(i.e. is not just "created_by" in the application screens that may have done this)

• 4.  Re: Security: I found users created my user appears as Created By but I did not create
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 07, 2016 10:14 AM

Hi Ariel,

Below is my understand about your question

For example - one of the Clarity users let's say X created a Clarity profile for another user named as Y and you wanted to see the details as who & when both of these Clarity profiles created for X & Y.

If i understand your question correctly, then please see my below comments.

Note: Assuming you have admin/resource admin(if not at least you have access to Resource Management module) access in Clarity.

There are 2- ways you can find/get this information.

1st way from Clarity UI

Navigate to Home -> Resource Management -> Resources -> Click on GEAR Box icon which is located at Top Right hand side on the page.

Once you click on it you can see the Configure option -> Click on it and select Created By & Created Date fields from Left side(Available Columns list) to Right Side Columns (i.e.Selected Columns List).

Once you completed this activity, click on Save & Return.

You can now see Created By & Created Date fields on Resources List screen.

2nd Option from Clarity DB(if you are not aware of this ask one of your Technical Team member).

whenever a new Clarity profile get's created there is an corresponding record/entry will get created in 2- tables called SRM_RESOURCES & CMN_SEC_USERS. Please refer Created_By & Created_Date fields to find who created that particular Clarity profile.

Hopefully my comments will help addressing your question.

if you are not clear about the explanation / if you need any further assistance please let me know.

Below are the screen shots FYQR:

Best Regards

Jagadeesh

• 5.  Re: Security: I found users created my user appears as Created By but I did not create

Posted Jul 11, 2016 07:04 PM

Hi Ariel-Prado - Did any of the responses help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!