Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  BO report conversion to jaspersoft report and universe concept

Posted Jul 13, 2015 02:24 AM

Hi All,

i am new to jaspersoft reporting tool,can any one of tell me how to convert BO Webi/Crystal Reports to jasper soft reports.

Like in Business Object, We have Universe concept, is this universe concept also present into Jaspersoft report.

If Universe concept is present then how we can export Custom Universes from BO to Jaspersoft.

Thank You so much.

Prakash

• 2.  Re: BO report conversion to jaspersoft report and universe concept
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2015 02:29 AM

Hi Prakash,

The universe concept is not entirely same as it was in BO, however there is something called Domain and when you create a report in Jasper studio you can connect to domain. Regarding conversion you need to rewrite all your custom reports using jasper studio which is provided with the CA PPM 14.2.

More details on Advance reporting can be found here http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-ppm-advanced-reporting-and-database-schema-index.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: BO report conversion to jaspersoft report and universe concept

Posted Jul 13, 2015 02:56 AM

Hi Suman,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Do i need to design custom domain in jaspersoft like custom Universe that we have in BO?. or do we have any other technique or can we migrate Custom Universe into Custom Domail?.

Thank You.

Prakash

• 4.  Re: BO report conversion to jaspersoft report and universe concept

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2015 03:00 AM

Hi Prakash,

Yes you need to create a  custom domain, you can probably use the queries and build the Domain.

Regards

Suman Pramanik