Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Exclusion fields on Clarity

Posted Sep 30, 2015 05:36 PM

Hi good afternoon.

I'd like to know if are there a way to exclude a field on Clarity for certain resources, because I'm trying to enable a field called 'Submit for approval' within Project Charter section for those resources that were selected as 'Reviewers' in the project and that only these 'Reviewers' change the document status to Approved, Rejected, etc., my question it is there way to perform this procedure I described???, someone has done something similar to enable fields in certain sections???, what was method you followed for it???

No more to add, thanks a lot for your valuable help.

Best Regards, Daniel =).

• 2.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

Posted Oct 01, 2015 05:32 AM

If you put your field on a subpage, then you can control - either using display conditions or access-rights - who has access to that subpage; but selective field level validation/protection is not possible.

• 3.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 01, 2015 10:03 AM

Daniel,

In addition to what David said above, which is the correct answer (display conditions or access-rights), please note that we at CA Support recommend you to use Secure Subpages access rights for hiding the subpages from a group of people and giving another group a right to see it. Display conditions should normally be used only when the page is being developed for general visibility. These are our best practices, based on cases in which Display Conditions would cause a slower performance on some pages.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi

CA Technologies

Principal Support Engineer

• 4.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

• 5.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

Posted Oct 01, 2015 11:55 AM

^ thats not a public link by the way

• 6.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

Posted Oct 01, 2015 03:23 PM

OK, I guess you have to be a member of the group.

• 7.  Re: Exclusion fields on Clarity

Posted Oct 01, 2015 02:58 PM

Hi everybody.

Thanks a lot for your valuable help =).

In fact, I was opened a case with CA Support and Engineer who helped me recommended to me create a subpage and section and there create a process in GEL/XOG code to consult at user added in 'Reviewers' attribute and then through GEL/XOG script insert dynamically desired permission, but I don't know what is better way to do this procedure.

But also I'll be reviewing information you sent for this theme. If a question arises I'll be updating again.

Thank you so much to all answered this question.

Best Regards, Daniel =).