Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Posted Jan 19, 2015 02:04 PM

This bug relates to the ability of restricting access to tab of the portlet. If you don't have the proper security access to view the content, you still see the tab but no content. What version of Clarity can we expect bug to be fixed? Thanks so much!

• 2.  Re: Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Posted Jan 19, 2015 07:03 PM

Hi mnavarrocsx

I just checked our defect DB. There is a comment as follows:

"The tab is globally accessible until it's EXPLICITLY secured. "

According to that, product works as expected and there are no plans for the fix.

Regards

Biljana

• 3.  Re: Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Posted Jan 20, 2015 02:04 PM

As expected is as designed by the developer

As desired is as expected by the user whose business need the design is made to meet.

• 4.  Re: Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Posted Jan 20, 2015 02:45 PM

Its expected to not work like the rest of CA PPM?  The code may work as expected, but the bug then is in the requirements or a missed requirement.

Just fix it.  Users should not see what they don't need.
    Also, one of the original questions is left unanswered - Which version of CA PPM does this bug show up in?

• 5.  Re: Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2015 08:14 AM

it was originally reported against 13.1, 13.2, 13.3

• 6.  Re: Question about Bug ID CLRT-72109 in Clarity PPM

Posted Feb 16, 2015 12:03 PM

I too had this issue and CA  created CLRT-76817 that security is not recognized on tabs.. Even if you secure the tab (say only Group A can access this tab), it does not work. So, the code is broken. CA told me that, but no plans on fixing it, which is not good.

Maybe I should log an IDEA for clients to be able to vote on which defects to fix? CA lists all open defects and we the customers vote on  them. The higher the vote, the quicker CA would plan to fix it