Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

• 1.  Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 08, 2015 11:02 AM

We have skipped from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on new corporate laptops.  I have done some testing on Windows 10 and have not seen any issues. I can't see any support for this officially listed or any roadmap information.

Does anyone have any information on it or know of any issues (including MSP/OWB) ?   Usually, the O/S risk is low, but I wanted to check.

Currently on version 14.2 On premise.

• 2.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 08, 2015 11:31 AM

This is for 14.3

Wait for Armstrong and see.

The practice has been  that versions already released do not get updated for such minor things like OS or browser versions. Only new versions released  get support of newer versions of those.

• 3.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 01:46 PM

thanks I had that information (should have been more clear)  was wondering if anyone had worked on it, or more importantly if anyone from CA had any information as to the risk level (low, medium, high)

• 4.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2015 02:32 PM

Hi,

We do not provide any information or risk assessment for unsupported platforms, sorry.

The support for Windows 10 is planned for Armstrong, it is currently being tested.

Kind Regards

Nika Hadzhikidi
    CA Technologies
    Principal Support Engineer

• 5.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 02:37 PM

I have WIn 10 on my PC and use the 14.2 sandbox daily to check various things. Sometimes I go also to my 13.3. No issues of any sort that I can recall, but I have not really been looking for them nor used Edge. Then on the other hand I use FF 42 as well and Chrome only when accessing Company Clarity.

• 6.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 02:44 PM

Thanks all.

I too have been testing with Windows 10 , and so far no OS related issues found. Agree not using Edge and our company does not support that either

• 7.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Dec 10, 2015 03:49 PM

I access the company Clarity with company PC which is  Win7 and chrome as in 13.x FF 4x have bugs than can corrupt the system (they say).

• 8.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Jan 21, 2016 01:06 PM

Is there any update on providing customers support for Windows 10? any tentative timeline/date?

Thanks,

Neha

• 9.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Jan 21, 2016 03:49 PM

The way thing normally go the support is only for new versions and not for any current versions.

• 10.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 03:25 AM

That's Correct Urmas. The new versions compatibility comes with new release.

• 11.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:37 AM

Hi Jeff,

I can’t access your post on the thread, as it just displays a large brown box saying  ‘NoClassDefFoundError on com/niku/union/interfaces/JSONSerializable’ and it covers the entire message and I can't reply. Is that is the problem you having?  

Anyway,

I have tested OWB 15.1 on Windows 10 and I have not had any problems. The OWB version is 2.1.2- the same as 14.2.   Is that the version you are running?  If so, do you by chance have the MSP connector installed as well? If so, there are some “order of operations” when it comes to those installs.

Other factors:

• Do you have Java 8? (mine worked with Java 7 as well) and be sure your JRE path correctly points to it (in case you have two JRE versions installed)
    • Did you have a previous version or OWB and then install the one from 15.1? Did you keep it in the same default path? If so, have you manually uninstalled the prior version and then resinstalled  the 15.1 and rebooted?
      • This would assume that you had a version lower than 2.1.2, or if you installed 15.1 on top of 2.1.2, when it already existed
    • I am not an expert, but if indeed you are seeing a NOClass….error that usually indicates Java.

Again, I have no issues on 15.1, Windows 10, OWB version 2.1.2 .  If you are not getting that NoClass error, then can you provide more information on the error? Again, when I access the thread in the communities, I can’t see anyting you wrote, only a big message screen with that error message. I can see everyone’s prior replied. Therefore, I replied using the last comment by Suman.

Thanks

Lynn

• 12.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:52 AM

Thank you so much for the quick response!   You are correct that ‘NoClassDefFoundError on com/niku/union/interfaces/JSONSerializable’ is an error message our Windows 10 user was experiencing with OWB.  (The brown box you saw was something that the CA Communities site threw up when I attempted to paste in that error message.  After that happened, I could no longer edit my comment. )

Anyway, I appreciate your input.  I am a functional business analyst, so I don’t get too involved in client desktop or OS issues myself, but  I will pass this along to the user who is experiencing the issue.  Out of our 1400 users, he is the only one using OWB, and one of the few running Windows 10. Our production support team does not provide assistance for OWB as it’s out of scope for our contract.

Again, thank you for the help.

Regards,

Jeff Moran

Sr. Business System Analyst, XIM/XT Global Applications & Integration Services

Xerox Corporation

100 S. Clinton Ave  MS XRX2-24A

Rochester, NY 14604

P (585) 264-5688 Internal 8*704-5688

F (585) 423-3328

jeff.moran@xerox.com<mailto:jeff.moran@xerox.com>

• 13.  Re: Any information on Windows 10 support with Clarity (CA PPM)

Posted Mar 16, 2017 09:29 AM

We are running CA PPM 15.1 and we do have some users on Windows 10.  We're hearing no issues with Clarity, but Open Workbench users are experiencing Java errors -Request - Action: 1663473

Request - Action: 1663473

NoClassDefFoundError on com/niku/union/interfaces/JSONSerializable.

are asking if there is an Open Workbench  version compatible with Windows 10.  Request - Action: 1663473

Requ