Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  PPM Rest API and Callback URLs?

Posted Feb 02, 2016 02:01 PM

I am trying to find out if there is a way to set up a callback URL for a Clarity PPM instance

I would like to see if it is possible to use Webhooks to utilize the Rest API, but Webhooks require a callback url to be able to:

Accept and read http requests

Send an http response

As it appears to stand right now, the Clarity Rest API seems to only allow for application/json types for Response Content Type for all four types: Post, Get, Patch, Put

If this is not currently possible, I would like to know if it is something that is being considered for future release to make the Rest API even more powerful going forward.

Also, if I am missing something obvious, feel free to point it out.

Thank you,

Jenn Rinella

• 2.  Re: PPM Rest API and Callback URLs?

Posted Feb 03, 2016 04:43 PM

The only option I see currently (without considering further 3rd party involvement) would be to use regular SOAP web service calls and a custom object to serve as your callback registry, and so long as the callback itself can be made over SOAP, then a process (either an instance per incoming request, or a single recurring batched instance via an execute-a-process job) can handle the replies.

For the REST API to work with this, will probably require the rest of the objects (including custom objects) to be incorporated for that to work, along with either the callback still going back over SOAP, and a process of some fashion.  Unless and until a REST invoke can also be added to a tag library to keep the protocol the same in both directions, as would be the better/preferable option.

Either way, for now I think you might need to be looking at this from a design pattern issue and solution more than a feature issue (even if the latter may be useful for its simplicity so you don't have to put or maintain the structures in place yourself).  At least for a while, and a good idea for submitting so it can be tracked and considered as normal too.