Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 19, 2016 05:00 AM

In bookshelf -

Requisition Routing and Notification

When a requisition is created, it is routed to the appropriate booking manager based on the following logic:

• If a default booking manager is defined for the resource or role. If no default booking manager is defined, then staffing requirement OBS is combined with staffing requirement role to determine the booking manager.
    • If a booking manager mapping does not exist for a specific role and OBS, then look up the role chain. If not found, look up the OBS chain until found. Role chain refers to roles that have parent roles. For example, an Automation Engineer can have QA Engineer as a parent role.
    • If a role cannot be associated with an OBS all the way up the role and OBS chains, the requisition is not routed.
    • Both the project manager (requisition creator) and booking manager (resource manager) are notified of status changes in requisitions. If no booking manager is selected, no notification is sent.
    • Users with appropriate access rights can view the requisition in their list by filtering on unassigned requisitions.
    • The Booking Manager field can be changed at any time to reflect another resource manager. The facility to change allows resource managers to route the requisitions again.
    • The Requested By field value on the Requisition Properties page defaults to the requisition creator. If you are not the current Requested By user, change the Requested By field value to equal yourself. Change this value as needed, especially if your company has a routing chain that goes through multiple people.
    • Only the users in the Requested By and Booking Manager fields receive notifications that pertain to open requisitions. Requested and booked resources are not notified. Resource notification happens when the resource is added to the project as a staff participant. The notification can be set to occur automatically when the resource is hard-booked. For more details, contact your administrator.

For me is important last paragraph with sentence

Requested and booked resources are not notified. Resource notification happens when the resource is added to the project as a staff participant. The notification can be set to occur automatically when the resource is hard-booked. For more details, contact your administrator.

That means create process and send action item or there is some "hidden" settings to allow this notification based on requisition status change?

Vit

• 2.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 19, 2016 06:01 AM

Not sure I understand your question?

Are you asking how a resource gets notified when they are added (hard-booked) to a project? - That is just the normal "project" notification.  (nothing to do with requisitions really, the notification can happen any way that a resource gets added to the project).

• 3.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 19, 2016 07:07 AM

Hello David,

for sure I know that resource is notificated when is added into team but even is added as soft allocated. But we are looking for notification when this soft allocation is changed to hard. The sentences which I coppied there are from standard bookshelf.

Only the users in the Requested By and Booking Manager fields receive notifications that pertain to open requisitions. Requested and booked resources are not notified. Resource notification happens when the resource is added to the project as a staff participant. The notification can be set to occur automatically when the resource is hard-booked. For more details, contact your administrator.

• 4.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 19, 2016 08:11 AM

Well I still don't think that this is something specific with requisitions (since a resource can be hard-booked and soft-booked against a project via other means than just requisitions).

The default projects notification seems to be just "when added to project" (either hard or soft) - so if you are looking for that specific soft -> hard change, not sure that any of this helps you.

• 5.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 19, 2016 04:25 PM

My question is just what they mean by this sentence in bookshelf.

• 6.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 20, 2016 03:44 AM

I would think it is just saying; "the requisition functionality does not send notifications to the requested resource", and "the normal Projects notification would notify the resources when they are added to a project"

• 7.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2016 04:05 PM

Yes, you were right in your original post Vit. David is also correct. To notify for the very specific change in booking status from soft to hard, you would have to configure a custom process. We confirmed with our talented Support staff here. That is a very specific change. Typically, the notification template for requisitions handles its own set of notifications, but that change from soft to hard booking is a specific case, and you want to notify the actual resource I believe.

For documentation, users would enable notifications here (Set Up Notifications):

Personalize CA PPM - CA PPM SaaS - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

And Resource Managers would want to consult this page:

Fill Resource Requisitions - CA PPM SaaS - 14.3 - CA Technologies Documentation

Choose your version and product edition, of course. Hope this helps. Thanks for asking.

• 8.  Re: Requisition notification - notify resource when is hard-booked

Posted Jan 22, 2016 10:02 PM

There is that sentence what I am looking for .

• As a user, you can determine your requisition notification format, message layout, and delivery method from the Notifications page under Account Settings.
    • As an administrator, you can set up an automated process to identify the different stages in the lifecycle of a requisition. You can also automatically issue notifications at every stage.