Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Charter Object

Posted Mar 19, 2015 04:41 PM

My organization tells me they're interested in moving away from physically signed charters.

Who here is doing Project Charters in the tool and has something cool they feel is worth bragging about? I'll setup a webex and bring the popcorn.

• 2.  Re: Charter Object

Posted Mar 20, 2015 05:19 AM

I had an idea a while back -

Store the digital signatures of the relevant stake holders

Create a subpage / modify the idea object to get the relevant fields on the idea object with a Signature field

Start a process to trigger when the project charter is sent for approval (OOB Idea approval can be used with modification(s)).

Once the sponsor approves it, a digital signature appears in the above Signature field with the date/time stamp, and the project is converted project.

NJ

• 3.  Re: Charter Object

Posted Mar 22, 2015 10:34 PM

Hello,

We implemented something like that for a client. There is a process to release project funds that collects approval from some users.

Previously, they generated a printed report and collected the signatures on paper.

Now, the process identifies the approvers, send action items, and collects the response time and user who answered the item. Then the report is generated signed (with the approval dates and the approvers names), and is not printed anymore.

The Action Item page contains enough decision-making information, so that when the approval requires direction-level approvers, they do not have to spend much time navigating into the system (we have customized this page).

In this same client we developed another similar approval processes, which in addition to Action Item to collect approvals, we also collect approvals by monitoring changes on project's fields. This information is collected from audit table and recorded in another table.

Is there any extra requirement that the solution should consider?

We do not have a Clarity environment ready with this approval process, but if you are interested, we can adapt some presentation material, so you can evaluate if this solution is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Roberto Barra

• 4.  RE: Re: Charter Object

Posted Sep 03, 2020 09:16 AM

HI Roberto, I saw this old post about project charter approvals and how your org is doing it.   Can you provide any documentation/presentation on it?

Thank you.

Pam Hughes