Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties

Posted Jul 10, 2015 04:28 PM

I'm new to the CA PPM Clarity world and have only recently complete my studio config training - this is my way of apologising if the answer is really obvious : )

I can't work out how to hide the Response Strategy Link on the properties menu, which appears on the edit layout, after having created a risk.

Screen Shot 2015-07-11 at 6.23.33 am.png

I'm working with PPM on demand. 

Can you help?

Lina

• 2.  Re: Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 08:40 PM

Hi Lina, Welcome to the most active community in CA :)!! You have asked a tricky question here. The subpages are usually configured under Object --> Views tab -->Layout:Edit. But 'Response Strategy' subpage is not something which you can find in the risk object layout:edit. This is a system restricted page and hence cannot be modified. I think there is an option to modify the filesystems on the server to hide this(haven't tested it though), but this is not something we support/recommend for On Demand customers. This a tec doc which meantions the same http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec533021.aspx Thanks, Jerin Senior Support Engineer

• 3.  Re: Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties

Posted Jul 10, 2015 11:01 PM

Thanks Jerin.  I'll take a look at the tech note.  I just want to hide the link so hopefully it is something I will be able to do.

Glad I didn't ask a dumb question.

Lina

Lina Lawrence

Senior Project Manager, Operations

Government Property NSW

P: 02 9334-9217 | M: 0413 509 478| E: Lina.Lawrence@property.nsw.gov.au

In support of the amazing work of The Smith Family, I am preparing to travel to Machu Picchu. I'm hoping to raise enough money to sponsor 5 children for a year. It would be great to have you a part of my journey and you could help me by making a donation. Every donation counts and all contributions over $2 are tax deductible: https://thesmithfamilymaccupicchu.everydayhero.com/au/lina - Donations go straight to The Smith Family.

• 4.  Re: Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2015 11:29 PM

Hi Lina, I am afraid you can't do it. As I said this is a system restricted page and you wont have an option to hide it using display conditions or access rights. So whoever has access to risk will be seeing this page. The file system modification which I mentioned is not something which we support for OD customers. Thanks, Jerin

• 5.  Re: Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties

Posted Jul 13, 2015 09:22 AM

So, why have this features at all?  It seems to be redundant with Associated Actions, yet it does not have all the functionality of Associated Actions (e.g. an assigned response strategy does not display under My Actions, no notifications, reminders, etc.).

Seems to be a misnomer and redundant.  A list of things assigned to resources to complete by a target date is not a strategy - its a 'to-do'/action list.

Why use this feature, at all?

I'm sure someone had a good reason for developing this feature - would like to hear the reason and/or how others are using it before asking to obsolete it.  But even if there is a good reason to keep it, customers should have option to not display link if they are not using it.  Its about data quality - if you give users the option to use something that the company is not using, users will still find a way to use it, perhaps leaving the areas that they should be using blank.

Dale

• 6.  Re: Newbie:  Looking for a way to hide the response strategy on the Risk Object Properties

Posted Jul 13, 2015 07:28 PM

Thanks Dale.  I tend to agree and share your concern over having users either inadvertently or intentionally using functionality that isn’t part of the process and then wondering why information isn’t being captured in our mgmt. reports.

We’re going to have to train users to not use that section, which is a bit of a shame.

Lina