Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

• 1.  XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Jun 09, 2015 01:05 AM

Hi Team,

I am trying to run query from XOG client installed on my desktop using command line,

command :  xog  -javaHome C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7  -propertyfile bin/test.properties

Output :

\Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Could you please  help me with this?

Many Thanks,

• 2.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 02:38 AM

Hi Rekha,

The problem is with java environment , I see you installed under program files and it reads as quotes so use the short name while setting the environment variable or uninstall and install under something like C:\Java

• "c:\Program Files" (note the quotes)
    • c:\PROGRA~1 (the short name notation)

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Jun 09, 2015 03:02 AM

Hi Suman,

For us, even xog  -javaHome "C:\Program Files\Java\jre7" won't work.

Only xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7 works from the command line.

Regards,

Georgy

• 4.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 03:40 AM

Hi Georgy,

That's correct, Java ignores the space in the folder, so if you install Java in a folder which doesn;t have space it will work or you need to use the short names as you do.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 5.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Jun 09, 2015 12:00 PM

What I did is edit the XOG.bat file to hard code in the JAVA_HOME location.

I also added a -Dlog4j.configuration argument so I get logging information to a file.

V/r,

Gene

• 6.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 13, 2015 01:44 AM

Hi All,

I have jre8 installed on my machine, I set the JAVA_HOME environment variable but XOG is throwing error

XOG_Error.JPG

I tried installing jre7 at path C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7 and tried command xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7  -propertyfile bin/test.properties

but this is throwing error "Cannot load property file".

Has anyone faced this issue before?

Br,

Sandeep Patil

• 7.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 02:23 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Java 8 is only supported with 14.3 onwards, so please uninstall all the Java installed on the system and then try to install the supported java under C:\Java and see if it works.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 8.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi Sandeep,

If you don't want to remove Java 8, you can also add the following line to your xog.bat file:

SET JAVA_HOME = C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7

You need to place it fairly early in the file before there are any mentions of JAVA_HOME.

In addition, you should make sure your jre folder for java7 is in your path statement.  You can also add that to the xog.bat file if you want.  If you place it in the path statement under environmental variables, make sure you use the short form for the path.  I place it at the beginning of the path statement.  If you place it anywhere else, make sure that all references in the path statement prior to the jre 7 path, are in the short form too.

I hope this helps.

Sincerely yours,

Jeanne Gaskill

Senior Support Engineer

CA Clarity PPM

• 9.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 16, 2015 06:07 AM

Thanks for the reply friends.

I removed the existing JAVA 8 and installed JAVA in default folder Program files and added environment variables JAVA_HOME = C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7 and added jre path in PATH variable.

Added the below line in xog.batch file also.

SET JAVA_HOME = C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7

but still receiving the error "Can not load property file".

• 10.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Jun 09, 2015 01:49 PM

Hi Rekha,

take a look at this post Great new XOG tool - check it out!

it does not require command line.  there is a web version, as well as a desktop version.

hope this helps

• 11.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 16, 2015 01:13 PM

From which folder are you trying to run the command

xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7  -propertyfile bin/test.properties

issuing just xog might work if that is in the path, but I usually issue the command from the bin folder.

Say you issued xog command from the bin folder then -propertyfile bin/test.properties

would point to a folder bin/bin

Is that where your property file is or is in the bin folder where XOG.bat is.

If both are in the same bin folder open the command prompt there and issue

xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7  -propertyfile test.properties

• 12.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 19, 2015 06:59 AM

Thanks Uramas,

xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7  -propertyfile test.properties helped me, but now started getting XOG invoke failed error.

All details in properties file for ondepremise non SSL account is ok.

servername=***.ABCDEFGH.COM

#default port number for ssl
    portnumber=443

#set to true if running against a SSL enabled server
    sslenabled=false

#set to true if running against a SSL enabled server in FIPS 140-2 mode
    fipsenabled=false

output=C:/XOG13.3/bin/temp_outputs/tempfile.xml
    username=***

password=******
    input=../xml/rsm_resources_read.xml

What could be the reason for XOG invoke failed?

Br,

SP.

• 13.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 19, 2015 07:40 AM

Shouldn't the portnumber be 80, if sslenabled = false ?

NJ

• 14.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 21, 2015 10:58 AM

Hi NJ,

Sorry actually the Port is not 443, the Clarity port is XXXX which is not =80

I tried setting port to 80 then also it thrown same error XOG invoke failed. Connection timed out: connect

Turn Verbose on for more detail.

• 15.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 22, 2015 03:40 PM

If it does not complain about java or properties it is either not getting that far or those are OK.

Assuming they are OK

you can check the user id and pwd by trying log in with them

Then you should verify the server name and port the easiest way to do that is to use Federico*s XOG Bridge aka Great new XOG tool and the validation in it.

Finally you could try putting the input and output files in the bin directory and modify the properties accordingly.

Though a problem with those usually given an error which says so and not invoke error.

The final thing (in addition to Federico's tool) is to issue the command completely with all parameters on the command line.

• 16.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Oct 27, 2015 03:17 AM

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for your help.

Actually the issue seems to be due to library files got corrupted. After replacing library files from machine where xog was working, my issue got resolved.

Also as i have entered JAVA_HOME path in XOG batch file, I don't need to use xog  -javaHome C:\Progra~1\Java\jre7  -propertyfile test.properties for running properties file.

"XOG -propertyfile test.properties" is working.

• 17.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Posted Feb 29, 2016 04:57 PM

Hi Sandeep,

I have the same problem as your's I'm getting xog invoke failed error,I tried with both port numbers .Can you please explain step by step on How you solved this problem. This will be great help.

• 18.  Re: XOG Clarity  PPM -  Getting Error - \Java\jre7 was unexpected at this time.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 30, 2019 01:53 PM

Hi ,

I installed the Clarity 15.2 version XOG client and installed in my windows machine. Once I started executing the "xog" command in command prompt, I faced the below issue.

Note: I installed XOG client in "C:\Program Files (x86)" folder path. 

<<

'findstr' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    "This version of the XOG client only works with Java 8."
    "The following actions can be taken to resolve the problem:"
    "1> Install the Java 8 JRE and set the JAVA_HOME and PATH environment variables accordingly."
    "2> If Java 8 is already installed on the system, please use the '-javaHome' argument to specify the installation location."

>>

However, have spent some time and noticed that we need to set the windows path properly in environment variable "path". 

Make sure that below environment variables are placed appropriately. 

Note: Make sure that path variable should have both java bin path and as well as "system32" folder path. 

JAVA_HOME -> Java installed "jdk1.8.***" path 

path               ->  %JAVA_HOME%\bin; C:\WINDOWS\system32

After setting these variables with the above values, it's stopped throwing error and I was able to work with XOG.