Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Minimum rights for PM to create task/milestone dependency

Posted May 06, 2015 06:19 AM

We have 2 partitions, In general PM can see only his own projects (or where is as team member).

We need to set dependency between projects across partitions. Example CentralPMO and IT partition. IT projects are sometimes as subprojects of CPMO master projects.

PM from CPMO is Participant of IT project so he can see IT project but he is not able to set dependency on task level. Because he cannot see tasks.from IT subproject.

Requirement is for PM from CPMO to see only projects which are subprojects of his Master project and to have possibility to set dependecies between.

Vit

• 2.  Re: Minimum rights for PM to create task/milestone dependency

Posted May 07, 2015 04:30 PM

Partitioning does not partition data like on a hard disk, it allows you to create different views of the same objects for different users. Where a PM can only see their own projects, this will be a security related issue, not a partitioning related issue.

There are may ways to approach this, and I would first take a look at your security model as I hate the maintenance around instance rights. Automate if you can, We have.

based on your requirements above, I believe that you would require the following instance right to the Child project:

project - view: This allows you to view the general, financial, custom defined fields, tasks, processes, and sub-projects for that project.

I have not tested and I am only going from the top of my head.

• 3.  Re: Minimum rights for PM to create task/milestone dependency

Posted May 08, 2015 12:31 PM

Thank you for reaction but those rights its not enough.

You are not able to set dependency with view right.

From my tests its Project - Edit but I am not so happy from that.

V.