Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to financially enable a resource and project?

Posted Nov 14, 2014 03:37 AM

How we should properly enable a resource and project financially?...

I was able to see an attribute(Financially active) under resource properties to make a resource financially active, is this is only place where we should make changes to make the resource financially active??

Do we have any similar attribute for Project object?

Regards,

Naga

• 2.  Re: How to financially enable a resource and project?

Posted Nov 14, 2014 03:56 AM

To have a resource or a project financially enabled means that you have to have the required fields on the financial properties page filled and saved. Not just financially active. There is no similar field for the projects.

• 3.  Re: How to financially enable a resource and project?

Posted Nov 14, 2014 05:20 AM

"I was able to see an attribute(Financially active) under resource properties to make a resource financially active, is this is only place where we should make changes to make the resource financially active??" - Yes, and you need to fill the corresponding fields on that page

"Do we have any similar attribute for Project object?"

I've attached the screenshots for fields to make both project & resource financially active

NJ

• 4.  Re: How to financially enable a resource and project?

Posted Nov 14, 2014 05:20 AM

Hope that helps

NJ

• 5.  Re: How to financially enable a resource and project?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2014 08:08 AM

For project it appears that department and location are not required in v13.3.

Typically department and location are the fields that enable projects financially. Billing currency, Cost type, Financial type and Financial Status are required.

The Financial Status has to be Open the transaction related to project to be processed. The same goes for open for time entry. If there is not Charge code value the transactions will not go past timesheet posting.

• 6.  Re: How to financially enable a resource and project?

Posted Nov 14, 2014 10:42 AM